Mouse emulation snap back to center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse emulation snap back to center

Star Wars TOR, Galactic Starfighter is the entire reason I am here. Steering (pitch and yaw) are done by mouse and roll with a and d. What I'd like to be able to configure is mouse emulation on the right stick but have the cursor go back to center when the stick is moved back that way. Currently, it seems ignore stick movements going back toward center. It's like driving a car with a lot of play in the steering wheel.

If there's a way to make this happen there would be a lot of happy GSF players and a lot of rewasd licenses sold. Thanks for reading!

Currently, reWASD is unable to move the mouse pointer to a certain position on the screen, but we are working on it. We will notify you once the feature is implemented.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Currently, reWASD is unable to move the mouse pointer to a certain position on the screen, but we are working on it. We will notify you once the feature is implemented.
      So same answer as 20 years ago (freelancer). I should've coded it myself back then, guess I'll do it now. Anyone know of a FOSS project for this somewhere?

Comment

Didn't have to code anything. Just should have shopped around more. I like the rewasd interface more than the competitor (Joy to Key) that got my $7. Since this functionality is pretty essential for any game with mouse flying and it's available in similar FOSS projects (Antimicro/Antimicrox) you folks should be able to just peek at the code they use and figure out how to implement it in your project pretty quickly. I'd offer to do it for you but I only write code for FOSS projects under the GPL.

Comment

There are some challenges for us here, but we will definitely implement this feature in the upcoming versions. Just unfortunately, it won't be ready soon. Those projects work a bit different way, though we will ensure that all their features will work

Comment

+1 this.

The mouse emulation is excellent for walking/looking around, but when I try to fly in (Star Citizen) third person I constantly get lost and lose control because my ship steers off in the direction of the mouse coords and my brain cannot constantly re-center it when I need to. Auto-center on release would fix this.

I think this is how the "Mouse Joystick" mode worked in Steam because this functionality worked intuitively on the few occasions I had Steam overlay working with this game (I had it working briefly using GlosSi, but that turned out to be massively unreliable and I remain grateful for ReWASD SC support - truly).

I am trying to teach myself to fly without it, but it is really hard. Please implement this feature as an option. It does not even need to be enabled by default, but I will definitely be enabling it.

Comment

+1 to this feature as well

It would be nice for use with games with an emulated mouse menu so that it's easy to immediately move in a direction as opposed to wiggle around a bit to find the mouse and then make your way over.

PS. the new 10 shift layer max is an absolute game changer, thank you! <3

Comment

Noted, thank you

Comment

Working...
                X