Keyboard input has a lag of 1-2 seconds in version 6.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard input has a lag of 1-2 seconds in version 6.2.1

In version 6.2.1-version 6.2.0, rewasd will cause a delay of 1-2 seconds in keyboard input, and it will work normally in version 6.1.1. Can anyone tell me why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pte.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	232805
    Hello
    You can adjust press time in Preferences. Or are you meaning another kind of delay? Have you faced delay when emulating a keyboard to a virtual controller? Please provide more details

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post

Name:	pte.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	232805
      Hello
      You can adjust press time in Preferences. Or are you meaning another kind of delay? Have you faced delay when emulating a keyboard to a virtual controller? Please provide more details
      There is no lag when simulating the virtual controller with the keyboard, but there will be lag after switching the layer to the keyboard. I have tried to adjust the decision time, and the lag will be the same after adjustment.

Comment

Hello
        Could you send me the config you are using? I will check if there are lags on my PC with your config. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
        I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          你好,你可以
          给我用吗? \Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
          我需要安装 *.rewasd 文件。
          This is my configuration.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello! Please clarify, does the delay appear when you press any buttons or some specific ones?
            If possible, record a video.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
              Hello! Please clarify, does the delay appear when you press any buttons or some specific ones?
              If possible, record a video.
              At the beginning of the video, because I can't see when I pressed the keyboard w, maybe it's not so obvious, at the end of the video, when I hit w crazily with the keyboard and mouse layer, it moves very strangely, it's normal when I use the handle layer, and it won't have any problems when I fall back to 6.1.1 for rewasd.

Comment

Please answer these questions:
                1. What edition, version, and OS build of Windows 11 are you using? (This information should be available at Windows Settings > System > About)
                2. What kind of keyboard are you using? Your video shows a "Gaming KB" and a "G502 Hero" mouse.
                3. Can you describe the steps that lead to your issues again in more detail and with [Shift] numbers instead of "layers"? Your config uses all 4 shifts, and reWASD notifications are not visible in your video.
                At the moment we only have one suggestion that should prevent any key or button from getting stuck on a [Shift] change: instead of [Do not inherit] remap the key/button to itself with the [Mute] flag enabled on and enable [Mute] flag for keyboard mappings on .

Comment

My system version is version Windows 11 Professional version 21H2.
                  The keyboard is Weixing's GK50Z and the mouse is Logitech G502.
                  When I use layer 4, when I operate the character to move and press w, it will have a delay of 1-2 seconds so that it cannot move normally. It is normal to use layer 0. Maybe you can see if there is anything wrong with my profile. When I use rewasd6.1.1, my profile works normally. You can see in the video that I quickly press w under two layers and what is the difference between them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

As I see in your Shift keyboard mappings are assigned to Start press. Try to assign them to a regular press and add a Mute like this:

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	853
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	232874

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
                      As I see in your Shift keyboard mappings are assigned to Start press. Try to assign them to a regular press and add a Mute like this:

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	853
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	232874

Thank you. I'll try it later.

Comment

Hello! This is a follow-up regarding your request. We tested it and confirm the previous advice. In the configs on the Shift layer 4, the mappings are assigned to Start press and without Mute.
                        Because of this, each key has two inputs, which causes a delay in the game.

To avoid this, mappings should be assigned to the Single press with the Mute. This way the game will only receive one full click.

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	233450

The problem appeared in 6.2.0 due to technical changes in this version. It will be corrected in the future updates.​

Comment

Working...
                        X