Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using re WASD with Shadow virtual PC

Hi,

I've got your software installed on both my local machine and a virtual PC through a company called Shadow. On my local machine my controller is recognised as an Xbox Elite 1 controller. When I connect to Shadow, the system shows it as an Xbox Elite but when I run re WASD it shows it as an Xbox 360 controller, this is running the latest version. Any clues as I could get past this? Feel free to ask any questions, thank you.

Hello!

Obviously, the problem is in the virtual machine.reWASD detects devices based on how the system detects them.

It is quite possible that within the virtual PC system there are some third-party drivers or applications for remapping (vigembus, DS4Windows, SCPtool, hidhide etc.)
    If you know for sure that one of these is installed, we recommend that you remove it.

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn't include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
    1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
    2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
    3. Go to File → Save
    4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Of course, this system file must be created on a virtual PC.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hello!

Obviously, the problem is in the virtual machine.reWASD detects devices based on how the system detects them.

It is quite possible that within the virtual PC system there are some third-party drivers or applications for remapping (vigembus, DS4Windows, SCPtool, hidhide etc.)
      If you know for sure that one of these is installed, we recommend that you remove it.

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn't include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
      1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
      2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
      3. Go to File → Save
      4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Of course, this system file must be created on a virtual PC.
      Hi,

Thanks so much for this reply. I've attached the nfo file for my remote machine, hope it helps.

Actually, no I haven't as I can't see an obvious way to do that. Is there an email address I can send it to?

Thanks again

Comment

Hello! You can add the file as an attachment to a message here, or send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com with a note that it's you.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Hello! You can add the file as an attachment to a message here, or send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com with a note that it's you.
          Thanks very much, I've just emailed the nfo file.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hey there Lino !

Sorry for the delayed follow-up, but unfortunately, there is no way to detect your controller as Elite on the remote machine. Indeed, Shadow shows the correct name, but that's it, the virtual controller created there is an ordinary Xbox 360, and there is no way to detect it anyhow differently.

I would recommend that you remap your Elite controller on the physical machine (I mean add new actions to paddles and so on). Then, this adjusted controller should be transferred to Shadow PC with all the functions which will be emulated on behalf of the virtual controller.

Comment

Working...
            X