Xbox Elite V2 paddles no longer remappable after latest firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite V2 paddles no longer remappable after latest firmware update

After the latest Xbox Elite V2 firmware update the back paddles become unresponsive when they have no mapping which is something required for remapping by Rewasd.

Reverting to the previous firmware version fixed this for me, though my computer did BSOD the first attempt for some reason at which point I had to update and the revert the firmware a second time.

I have had this issue on two individual Xbox Elite V2 controllers, one of which is brand new out of the box today.

For anyone else who has this issue, the steps for reverting to a previous firmware version can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/...last%20update.

Note: The instructions for reverting through a Windows device are not entirely correct. Do not click on the "Check your firmware version" link. Instead, right-click the link and "copy link address". Next, open a Windows File Explorer window, paste the URL into that address bar, and then hit Enter. The Xbox Accessories app should open with a prompt to revert the firmware.

Thank you for trying to warn our users about this issue.

Though we already have an announcement about it here.

Comment

Ah, got'cha. Totally missed that announcement.

Comment

Working...
      X