Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Razer Wolverine V2, shows only as Xbox One controller (can't bind Share buttons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Wolverine V2, shows only as Xbox One controller (can't bind Share buttons)

So, as subject says, was wondering if that's normal behavior (Series controller appears only as Xbox One device)? Or maybe I need to download new controller drivers?

The Razer software recognizes the controller as the Wolverine V2, and the controller works fine, I just wanted to use ReWASD to bind stuff to the options/share buttons on the controller but they don't show up on ReWASD. Only the normal Xbox One controller configuration appears.

Currently, most 3rd party Xbox controllers are being detected by reWASD as either Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers.

We would appreciate it if you could collect connection logs of your Razer Wolverine V2 according to this instruction:
    1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
    2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
    3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
    4. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
    5. Connect your controller and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app.
    6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
    7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.
    If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive in ​the [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs] folder.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Currently, most 3rd party Xbox controllers are being detected by reWASD as either Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers.

We would appreciate it if you could collect connection logs of your Razer Wolverine V2 according to this instruction:
      1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
      2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
      3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
      4. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
      5. Connect your controller and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app.
      6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
      7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.
      If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive in ​the [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs] folder.

As always thank you guys for being so attentive! Turns out the controller was not to my liking, the v2 basic's ship with a deadzone issue (too much deadzone) and Razer never corrected it so I ended up returning the controller and getting a different Razer one.

Thanks anyways, and if I do end up getting a Series controller I'll collect the logs.

Comment

Got it. Hope you will use your other Razer gamepad with reWASD too

Comment

Hello!

In case you still have Wolverine V2 — we have a special build released today. It will recognize Xbox Series X clones as original Xbox Series X controllers, so the Share button will be remappable

Comment

Working...
          X