reWASD breaks my Magic Trackpad 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD breaks my Magic Trackpad 2

I know this issue is probably really niche, but I have a magic trackpad that I like to use for both my mac and my windows PC. I have installed official drivers for it on my PC so it works perfectly until I install reWASD. Whenever it is installed, no motion on the trackpad is registered at all. Even blacklisting the device on reWASD seems to make no difference.

I don't even want to use it with reWASD, but reWASD seems to be doing something inadvertently to break the support. As soon as I uninstall reWASD and reboot, the trackpad works fine. reWASD seems to recognize it as some sort of synaptics touchpad or something.

Any ideas of what I could do to have reWASD installed on this PC while still being able to use the Magic Trackpad as normal? Thanks!

Its driver patches Bluetooth HID stack in such a way that all Bluetooth devices in the system may behave unpredictably because it bypasses some Microsoft code inside hidclass drivers and can even cause BSOD in some cases. Due to that reWASD is unable to co-exist with this driver. We have contacted the developer, but we have never received an answer. Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do from our side at this point.

If you want, you can try contacting the developer.

Comment

Is that theoretically possible for you guys to rewrite what trackpad driver, so that a couple of guys like me could use reWASD not loosing apple's trackpad?

Comment

If I understand correctly that when connected to a PC, the apple trackpad reWASD does not recognize it as an input device?

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
          If I understand correctly that when connected to a PC, the apple trackpad reWASD does not recognize it as an input device?
          I've doublechecked it and it can be detected and connected by bluetooth, but only works via usb cable, when reWASD is installed.
          p.s. I also use Magic Trackpad 2 and couldn't really find any alternative drivers either paid or opensource

Comment

>Is that theoretically possible for you guys to rewrite what trackpad driver, so that a couple of guys like me could use reWASD not loosing apple's trackpad?
            Ok, we'll try to investigate this issue more. Looks like Magic Trackpad 2 still does not have any native Windows driver on bluetooth, right? And yes, in the past we tried to contact the developer of this 3rd party driver but he did not bother to reply. We looked at its source code and honestly it is just a "dirty hack" into HID stack on Windows, that is why it has compatibility problems.
            It is not working with reWASD just 'by accident', because reWASD also has own filter driver for USB and bluetooth gamepads and this driver does not expect it.
            It is clear that author of this driver has made it without proper testing etc.
            We don't recommend to install this software at all as it may break operation of other bluetooth devices and if you use it you are 'balancing on the edge' already.
            We'll try to do something with it, but cannot give any ETAs. We'll inform you when we have more news.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
              >Is that theoretically possible for you guys to rewrite what trackpad driver, so that a couple of guys like me could use reWASD not loosing apple's trackpad?
              Ok, we'll try to investigate this issue more. Looks like Magic Trackpad 2 still does not have any native Windows driver on bluetooth, right? And yes, in the past we tried to contact the developer of this 3rd party driver but he did not bother to reply. We looked at its source code and honestly it is just a "dirty hack" into HID stack on Windows, that is why it has compatibility problems.
              It is not working with reWASD just 'by accident', because reWASD also has own filter driver for USB and bluetooth gamepads and this driver does not expect it.
              It is clear that author of this driver has made it without proper testing etc.
              We don't recommend to install this software at all as it may break operation of other bluetooth devices and if you use it you are 'balancing on the edge' already.
              We'll try to do something with it, but cannot give any ETAs. We'll inform you when we have more news.
              That's nice to hear responds from you, guys! Love your program so far - now I can unblock my PC and launch any game just by a couple of tricky macros instead of getting out of bed on Sunday

Comment

We are glad that our product helps you solve many tasks!

Comment

>Is that theoretically possible for you guys to rewrite what trackpad driver,

We have good news for you, reWASD 6.5.1 does exactly this. You don't need to install anything for Apple Magic Trackpad 2 if you have reWASD present.

Comment

Hey there!

We recently updated reWASD with issue fixes.
                    Please update to a new version of reWASD and check if your issue persists.

You can download the current version of reWASD on our official website.

Comment

Working...
                    X