Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapping latency/delay at blacklisted/not-applied devices

Im just wondering.
    Lets say ... in all scenario's rewasd is running in the background.
    1. controller is attached to the PC and a remap is applied. Due to the remapping process this obviously has an additional delay with the remap active
    2. controller is attached to the PC and it does show up in rewasd but no remap is applied. Does it still have any delay due to the software running and showing it or does it not affect ANYHTING when its not applied?
    3. ontroller is attached to the PC and is blacklisted in rewasd. Does it still have any delay due to the software running and showing it or not at all due to the blacklisting?

And now I know that even at point 1 the delay is so tiny that you wont really notice it, but thats not the point. Basically I need to know whether having it run without remaps active affects connected controllers in even the tiniest way due to virtual controller drivers running or anything else (aka, if so then I will just manually turn it on when using a normal controller and shut the software down when connecting my hitbox for fighting games)

Hey there!
    Perhaps my answer closes 3 of your situations at once:
    The input delay of our virtual controllers is equal to the input delay of their physically connected counterparts. And this delay is invisible to the human eye.

reWASD only affects devices to which the reWASD config is applied (remap is ON). ReWASD has no effect on other devices, as is the case with disabled remapping and devices that are on the black list.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hey there!
      Perhaps my answer closes 3 of your situations at once:
      The input delay of our virtual controllers is equal to the input delay of their physically connected counterparts. And this delay is invisible to the human eye.

reWASD only affects devices to which the reWASD config is applied (remap is ON). ReWASD has no effect on other devices, as is the case with disabled remapping and devices that are on the black list.
      Thanks for the answer.
      This means I can just blacklist my fighting controller and have the software still automatically start at startup and run in the background.
      The reason why I understand that it shouldnt be impacting anything, but why im still gonna blacklist the fightcontroller is because of the way it works. A fighting controller like the Hitbox I used is identified as an xbox360 controller but compared to an xbox360 controller it does have less inputlag and thus it would differ.
      Is it noticable? Hmm.. probably not but it does affect this in a extremely minor way :P
      Results |inputlag.science

Must add ofcourse that this is one hell of a niche scenario. I absolutely love the software 99.9% of the time
      Not having to go through a hassle of having to get controllerdrivers from 1 place, software from another and then having to jump through hoops to maybe get a working profile through weird png files etc. and instead simply have a software package with clear UI and being able to just let it do its thing (While other software had issues with it.. started up American mcgee's Alice and everything simply worked) makes it so much easier than alternatives.

Comment

Hello
        If you mean loading the system at startup, then try disabling autostart in the settings.

Also, reWASD recognizes some controllers that are not on the list of the supported ones as Xbox 360 if they have X-Input mode.

Comment

Working...
        X