Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 controllers mapped to the same player over steam link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 controllers mapped to the same player over steam link?

I’m trying to emulate the Xbox co-pilot feature on PC while using steamlink app on my living room tv. Xbox copilot mode allows for two controllers to both simultaneously control the same thing, this is useful for handicapped players or for inexperienced players.

I think I can accomplish this 2:1 mapping using rewasd on the steam pc/monitor but I’m streaming to a tv via the steamlink app with two controllers Bluetooth connected to the tv. That level of complication is something I’m not sure how it will work or not with rewasd.

Is anyone else crazy enough to have tried this before?

Hello! reWASD only works with devices connected to a PC, so controllers cannot be remapped if they are connected to a TV.
    For this to work, you need to connect the controllers to the PC, combine them into a group and remap as one controller, and then use them on TV via Steam Link.

Comment

Cool thanks for the confirmation, I was afraid that’s the case. I don’t think I’ll get reception on controllers if they are paired with the host PC (the remote play tv is multiple rooms away).

Comment

In any case, this is the only way to apply your idea.

If you have anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Comment

Working...
        X