Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best practice for rewasd use

Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand rewasd and at the same time minimise the number of software applications for my peripheral.

Can someone help me understand if I should use the mouse manufacturer's driver software if mapping through rewasd? I do not think rewasd allows you to modify dpi and pollingrates.

Is it better to create a single profile per genre and use in game settings for bindings, or create a profile per game and use rewasd for mappings leaving the in game settings alone?

Also is there a benefit to group kg/mouse/pad into a single virtual controller or should I leave them seperate?

Thank you all

Hello!
    reWASD has no DPI and polling rate settings, it works with your device's native values. Therefore, you can change these parameters only through the native software of the mouse.

If you need different control settings for games, then it is better to change the configs that will be configured for the same mouse parameters.

In order for devices to work as one virtual controller, they must be grouped. If you have a physical controller, then it is advisable to disable it or add it to a device group so that it does not interfere with the operation of the virtual one.

Comment

Thank you sir,

so if I understand correctly I should still install the manufacturers software for the peropheral alongside rewasd ... configure polling rate and dpi and they remove the software and run only rewasd. is that your suggestion?

For the second point ... lets say I have halo, valorant, dying light ... You are suggesting that in rewasd I create a game profile for each?

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by harvester View Post
        so if I understand correctly I should still install the manufacturers software for the peropheral alongside rewasd ... configure polling rate and dpi and they remove the software and run only rewasd. is that your suggestion?
        Yes, though the "remove" part might not be necessary.

Originally Posted by harvester View Post
        For the second point ... lets say I have halo, valorant, dying light ... You are suggesting that in rewasd I create a game profile for each?
        Yes.

I also have to mention that for reWASD to work properly with Valorant few additional steps are required. Check case #28 here for details.

Comment

Thank you so much that makes perfect sense

Comment

Working...
          X