Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Stealer
    replied
    Thanks for letting us know. Glad the problem has been resolved.

Leave a comment:

• hvtim
    replied
    Hey, good news! I got the virtual controller chain to work. The solution was to disable hiding the native controller in reWASD then select the virtual DS4 as the preferred controller in joy.cpl. I suspect that the Spider-man Remastered game was somehow still catching the native controller when it's hidden. Not sure whether the solution is specific to the game or specific to the moonlight double virtual controller setup. I hope this info is useful for you.

Leave a comment:

• hvtim
    replied
    Hey, here are the screenshots:

1) screenshots of host pc joy.cpl before and after remapping (all buttons functional in both configs)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2022-08-15_185632506.png
Views:	732
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	233289

2) client pc moonlight gamepad settings

3) host pc gamepad settings in game

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-15 184131.png
Views:	870
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	233285

Name:	image_2022-08-15_185357677.png
Views:	889
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	233287Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2022-08-15_185501397.png
Views:	883
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	233288

4) profile config file - Virtual DS4 for Moonlight.rewasd

Thanks for looking into this!

Leave a comment:

• hvtim
    replied
    Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
    Hello! Was the screenshot of joy.cpl taken on the Client's PC? If so, then take a screenshot on the Host's PC before and after applying the config.
    And please send screenshots of the controller settings in Moonlight and in the game.

Also, check in reWASD in the license section that you have the Advanced mapping feature active (→ Advanced mapping tab).
    Thanks - I can't get that information right away but I'll post it as soon as I can get my friend connected again. Until then allow me to clarify the setup a bit.

When I say "client" I mean the Moonlight client, running on my friend's chromebook. reWASD is not setup on the chromebook, the DS4 controller is just plugged in via USB. The "host" is my pc, which is running the game and reWASD. In the past, we've run the same setup without reWASD and just dealt with the fact that moonlight always converts the DS4 into a virtual 360 controller (this is because moonlight uses Nvidia Shield api to stream games, which converts all controllers to Xinput when they reach the host pc). We added reWASD to convert the virtual 360 controller back to DS4 so that the correct buttons show up in game.

And to answer your questions, both of those screenshots are from the host after applying the config and remapping is turned on (joy.cpl shows only the virtual controller and hiding the 360 controller as programmed). Advanced Remapping is enabled and has 3 days left in the trial period, which I'll gladly buy the full version once this can work! Please hold for more screenshots and the config file.

Leave a comment:

• RAM Stealer
    replied
    Hello! Was the screenshot of joy.cpl taken on the Client's PC? If so, then take a screenshot on the Host's PC before and after applying the config.
    And please send screenshots of the controller settings in Moonlight and in the game.

Also, check in reWASD in the license section that you have the Advanced mapping feature active (→ Advanced mapping tab).

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight + DS4 Emulation in Spider-man Remastered

I am having some trouble with Virtual Controller remapping in reWASD.

Setup: I am running Spider-man Remastered remotely using Moonlight. My friend has a DS4 controller connected to their PC. Moonlight shows any connected controllers on the client PC as Xbox 360 controllers on the host pc. So, when they launch the game, the controller works, but shows xbox button icons instead of DS4. My workaround is to remap the controller using reWASD so that it's recognized as a DS4 controller in-game. So the chain is: DS4 on client > Xbox 360 virtual controller on host > DS4 virtual controller via reWASD.

Problem: reWASD works and controller shows up as DS4 in windows; all buttons light up. However, when I try to use the controller in-game, the game recognizes multiple inputs (switches between DS4 input and Xbox input), despite native inputs being muted in reWASD. Any advice to get this setup working properly? I am thinking the problem might be happening because I am chaining two virtual controllers, but I'm unsure.
    Attached Files
Working...
X