In Apex Legends, virtual stick control by combo does not work as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Apex Legends, virtual stick control by combo does not work as expected

It appears that Apex is not accepting some of the input when combining vertical and horizontal stick movement by combo.
    For example, I want to move it to the bottom right, but often it only moves directly down.

There is a small config for reproduction. (Config 1.rewasd)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	678
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	233371
    Activate the virtual controller in Apex and then press the F key to activate the combo. Do not touch the mouse when pressing the F key.
    This combo will first move the stick up and then add a movement to the right, so the stick is diagonal.
    However, when actually tested, it does not move for the first 0.5 seconds and then moves straight up.

Video: https://streamable.com/ii296y

It may be an Apex only issue, as it appears to be working fine when tested on Gamepad Tester (https://gamepad-tester.com/ ) and Team Fortress 2.
    Attached Files

Tester shows that reWASD is working fine and sending inputs according to the config.

I suppose there is an issue with the game itself. Could be some kind of anti-macro protection.

Try replacing the last node with two or more of the same nodes with a smaller value:
    • 2 with 44% and 56% values
    • or 4 with 21%, 24%, 27%, and 28% values
    • or another number of nodes that would sum up to 100%
    so the movement would not be so "rapid and precise".

Comment

Thanks!!! I was able to confirm that the combo works well by the method you showed me. However, I found that there is still a problem.
      If the combo is operated repeatedly, it will eventually stop working. To be more precise, it seems that the combo is only executed halfway through. It can be checked on the tester regardless of the specific game.

The way to reproduce this is probably to release the key in the middle of the combo being executed and immediately press the key again.
      My combo works for about 1 second while I hold down the space key, but if I repeatedly hold down the space key for about 0.8 seconds and immediately press it again, the combo stops working within a few minutes to 10 minutes at most.
      If this happens, you must press the Apply button in reWASD to make the combo work again.

The video and config are attached.
      Video: https://streamable.com/e1gv0q​
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the information provided. Very strange behavior. Have you tried changing the virtual controller type?
        Also, the video is not available, can you add it again?​

Comment

> Have you tried changing the virtual controller type?
          This part, right?
          Changed from Xbox 360 to DS4 and the same occurs.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown (1).png
Views:	264
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	233520

The URL was not pasted correctly, so I will paste it again.

video 1

I used this site to confirm this.

I also used the tester that comes with reWASD just to be sure and confirmed the same results.
          This combo is activated with the space key. Combo presses the right trigger, then the right stick down, slightly to the left, and finally back to the original position.​

video 2 (Change to DS4 and record again)

Comment

In the first video of 7 seconds, the value of Axis 3 stops changing at 0:06.
            In the second video of 28 seconds, the value of Axis 3 stops changing at 0:21.​

Comment

Hello

We would appreciate it if you provide us with full standard logs.

You can find a detailed guide here.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                Hello

We would appreciate it if you provide us with full standard logs.

You can find a detailed guide here.

Thank you in advance!
                OK!
                Please see the attached files.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the logs. We've passed them on to our dev team.

We will notify you as soon as there is any news. Stay tuned!

Comment

Hello again,

As a temporary workaround, I'd like to suggest changing the combo to execute at once mode and looping the combo using the Turbo feature. Yes, in this way you will have the pause which you can adjust in the Turbo.

I've added the screenshots to the attachments which might help you to figure out my suggestion

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! I had never tried the "Execute at once" mode. I tested it for a few hours and the combo was not corrupted.

Comment

Great! We hope this is a good temporary solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X