No announcement yet.

Can't figure it out... need your help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't figure it out... need your help.

Hello all!

So I use Steam controller configuration, but I'd like to move everything to reWASD.

I'm trying to mimic a pretty basic config from Steam's controller config options, but it's proven almost impossible, which I found very odd considering reWASD is meant to surpass it in every way...

Anyhoo, here's some images to explain what I am trying to mimic (I've added this all in order of entering each option for it to be comprehensive):

Click image for larger version

Name:	sdvfv.png
Views:	185
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	233490

Name:	fdbdb.png
Views:	131
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	233491

Name:	dvev.png
Views:	129
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	233492

Name:	vdfvfdv.png
Views:	128
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	233493

This was made possible as you can see by Mode Shifting Joystick Click to Directional pad, and adding Up Down Right Left to the 2 Keyboard bindings in (W space, A space, D space, S space)

So to explain: In steam I have made it so that when I use the Left Joystick Click, and point the joystick in a certain direction, it enables a combination of Bindings, being:

Up for W,Space
    Left for A,Space
    Right for D, Space
    Down for S, Space

Can't figure out how to do something this basic on rewasd, not even the Repeat rate etc... it's crazy. Tried for hours.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I've wasted so much time on this ..

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if you need me to explain further.

Static

Hello

I guess I got you correctly

The first step is to map the left stick as WASD ( check my first screenshot). Then, you need to go to Advanced settings and add mappings (Space) to Stick zones for all directions. Pick the Zone and add a Space button To it(Check my second screenshot). The mappings will be shown on the image with Stick zones.

You can read more about Zones here.

Is this what you wanted?​
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Hello

I guess I got you correctly

The first step is to map the left stick as WASD ( check my first screenshot). Then, you need to go to Advanced settings and add mappings (Space) to Stick zones for all directions. Pick the Zone and add a Space button To it(Check my second screenshot). The mappings will be shown on the image with Stick zones.

You can read more about Zones here.

Is this what you wanted?​

Sorry, I forgot to add a little to my message:

Hello Miron4!

Thank you so much for this, this is certainly procress.

One issue though, I need all the above to ONLY activate when I use the Joystick Click upon any of those directions, or else, I would be using this over the basic controller joystick movement all the time which will make my character constantly jump, if that makes sense... SO the above is perfect, but it's missing the first part when all this only activates when pointing in the direction you want to go, and press the Left Joystick Click.. hope this makes sense.

Can't figure it out The second image red circle will show you that on Steam you can have this Directional Pad activate when press the Left Joystick Click. But there is no option for this on reWASD, or option to mimic it! I find that crazy aye...

Static​

Comment

You should try our Shift mode. On the main (yellow) layer, leave your default motion setting. In another (any of your choice) Shift layer, set up the stick with its zones, as we advised you earlier.
        Then assign in the main layer L3 (stick click) the button for jumping to that layer.
        Select the jump mode depending on how you need. If you want to press and hold L3 for this modified movement, select Hold mode, if you want to press once, select Toggle or Custom.​

I hope I understood you correctly.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
          You should try our Shift mode. On the main (yellow) layer, leave your default motion setting. In another (any of your choice) Shift layer, set up the stick with its zones, as we advised you earlier.
          Then assign in the main layer L3 (stick click) the button for jumping to that layer.
          Select the jump mode depending on how you need. If you want to press and hold L3 for this modified movement, select Hold mode, if you want to press once, select Toggle or Custom.​

I hope I understood you correctly.

Hey 1ncorrect!

Thanks also for helping me on this topic.

This has helped further solve the problem, thanks so much as well! There is just one TINY detail left that I forgot that is making it not work, I'll explain with the screenshot below:

Name:	sdcsc.png
Views:	143
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	233503

So as you'll see on the far left W and SPACE are in the binding together on steam, and on the far right I have Hold to repeat on and repeat rate at maximum.

Without this, this doesn't work sadly in the game I'm playing. So what I did was the following:

Name:	vdfvs.png
Views:	127
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	233504

I put each w a s d as Key Combos instead on the Shift mode 1 and added a repeating of 5 times per each press as per the image below:

Name:	acscs.png
Views:	125
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	233505

It works now, kinda, it's not perfect but it sorta works. I don't know, sadly Steam don't give out the exact repeat rate measurement for the setting I put up with them, but I guess this is the only way to sort of mimic that ?

Hope this makes sense! Sorry for taking up so much of your time both of you.. bought this purely for this purpose to add on some extra shortcuts but this part is crucial before I can even consider adding other macros and move away from the Steam controller config tool.

Comment

I'm not sure that I understand what exactly you are missing in the configuration. If the accuracy is in the repeat value of this combo, then I have an idea:
            In the main layer, stretch the area of ​​the stick you need for mapping to the full distance of the stick deflection, as in the image:

Name:	image.png
Views:	165
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	233507
            Then don't assign anything as the main mapping to the left stick in the Shift 1 layer. You can even disable the stick's native behavior with Mute.
            Go to Advanced stick settings in Shift 1. Assign your combo to each of the directions accordingly by selecting the pre-configured stick area.
            Turn on the turbo option for these mappings and specify the repeat pause you need.

Name:	image.png
Views:	118
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	233508
            Thus, as long as the stick is tilted in a certain direction, the W/A/S/D + Space combos will continuously fire with the specified pause.

I hope this is exactly what you need.​

Comment

Working...
            X