Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep Autodetect Profile Active (even in background)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Autodetect Profile Active (even in background)

Would it be possible to have an autodetected profile stay active, even with the associated application is not in focus?

The game that I am having issues with is Genshin Impact. However they programmed the game to work with controllers is very.... strange. Unlike most games that can seamlessly swap between mouse+keyboard and gamepad on the fly while you are playing, Genshin was programmed in such a way that you have to actively switch between the input modes in the settings menu.

With reWASD this becomes and issue because a race condition can occur between the game looking for a connected controller and reWASD activating the profile. So, if I alt-tab away from the game, then reWASD turns off the profile that I have made, and when I alt-tab back to Genshin to start playing again, there is a 50/50 chance that the game won't recognize the reWASD virtual controller.

In this state, none of the input from the controller is recognized by the game. The only way to get the gamepad controller working again is while the game is active and in focus, I have to manually turn off the controller, and then turn it back on.

Because of this issue, I have had to remove auto-detect from all my profiles, and manually activate them prior to starting to play any of my games. But it would be really nice if once a game/application was detected, it stayed active until the process terminated (either in-focus or in the background). That way if I alt-tab to something else, reWASD doesn't turn off my profile and create a potential race condition when I go back to the game.

It is currently impossible to achieve such behavior.
    There are 2 conditions:
    1. Remap will permanently turn off when you alt+tab or exit the Associated app, and turn on when the app is in focus.
    2. Remap will not turn off when alt + tab and even when exiting the Associated app and will work until you switch to another window or application for which Autodetect is also configured, or simply turn off remap manually.

To implement the second option, just uncheck Remove applied config on exit from the associated app.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	202
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	233634
    But this practically does not differ from the manual application of the config.​

Comment

With option 2, does that mean that the profile will just continue to stay active until another game runs?

If so, that seems perfectly acceptable. I only use the gamepad controller when playing a game, so if a profile is just sitting there active, even though no game is currently running, that's fine. Just as long as the profile changes to the next applicable game when that next game runs

Comment

Originally Posted by Naxia View Post
        With option 2, does that mean that the profile will just continue to stay active until another game runs?

If so, that seems perfectly acceptable. I only use the gamepad controller when playing a game, so if a profile is just sitting there active, even though no game is currently running, that's fine. Just as long as the profile changes to the next applicable game when that next game runs
        If you also set up autodetect for another game or application, then yes, you are absolutely right.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

If you also set up autodetect for another game or application, then yes, you are absolutely right.
          Awesome, thanks!
          I will go with that route, and see how it works out :-)

Comment

We are always happy to help

Comment

Working...
            X