Steam controller LED problems with newest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam controller LED problems with newest update

Rewasd is turning off the Steam controller LED immediately after I turn on my controller.

Yes, I am on version 6.3.0.6716

I tried messing with the LED settings in preferences (Work with LED on Steam controller) but it didn't change the behavior.

Once the remap kicks in, the LED is turned off.

Any ideas?

I suggest using the [Clear data] button at [Preferences > General] and then disabling all options for the Steam controller at [Preferences > LED settings].

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      I suggest using the [Clear data] button at [Preferences > General] and then disabling all options for the Steam controller at [Preferences > LED settings].
      Thanks, Shion. That seems to have solved it.

Comment

So, just an update. For whatever reason, my configs kept applying LED settings (the rainbow wheel in main window) that was turning off the Steam button LED because it couldn't support that colour.

Comment

Hello! Does this happen with all configs or with some specific ones?
          Please send a screenshot of your LED settings and one of the configs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	179
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	233743

Comment

"Switch to Xbox 360" was the config that was immediately turning off my Steam LED when applied. My LED settings in preferences were set to solid glow / white.

So, I made my own config for AC Origins, and it was still doing it. Then I noticed the rainbow wheel LED settings, and changed it to white / solid glow there. Which seemed to have fixed it.

However, I just realized that 6.3.0.6721 is available, and I was still on 6.3.0.6716 (and it was telling me my software was up to date.)

So I just uninstalled 6.3.0.6716 rebooted, downloaded/installed 6.3.0.6721, and rebooted again.

Everything appears to be working as it should. I can apply the Switch to Xbox 360 config, ​and my LED stays on (rainbow wheel LED settings are set to default colours). Switched to another config and my LED stays on.

My only idea is that maybe there was something that didn't go right during the update to 6.3.0.6716, and the fresh install to 6.3.0.6721 fixed it??

Sorry to bother you all with this. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Do I understand correctly that there is no more LED problem? If so, then it is likely that a correct installation (including the latest build) solved it.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                Do I understand correctly that there is no more LED problem? If so, then it is likely that a correct installation (including the latest build) solved it.
                Correct. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

Working...
                X