Controller behavior within rewasd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller behavior within rewasd.

Is there a way to keep rewasd from bringing up a button menu when the button is pressed on the controller? I want to be able to use the controller to edit my configs within rewasd.

The problem I'm having is that when I'm using rewasd to map my controller and I'm in a game, but I want to change something. I use the controller to minimize the game and open the rewasd software. While in the software and I'm controlling the mouse(movement and clicks) with the controller, it's constantly bringing up the button menus of the controller buttons I'm pushing. When this happens, it is remapping the buttons to mouse inputs that I've mapped through the controller.

For example; moving the analog stick to control the mouse, brings up the analog stick menu. I'll move the mouse to click on the setting I want and when I click using L1 (dualsense) rewasd remaps the analog stick to left mouse button.

I hope my explainations are clear enough.

Originally Posted by sethlhodge View Post
    Is there a way to keep rewasd from bringing up a button menu when the button is pressed on the controller?
    That would be the [Hook controller buttons] option at [Preferences > General].

If you want reWASD to ignore any inputs (remapped or not), that could accidentally change something in the config, enable the [Read Only] mode - the pencil icon right before the [Shifts] dropdown menu.

Comment

Thank you! That solved my problem. I figured it was going to be a simple fix, I just couldn't find the right keywords to search for.

Comment

Working...
      X