Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No gyro toggle in Combo??? Workaround ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gyro toggle in Combo??? Workaround ideas?

I purchased the combo option and was disappointed to find that gyro toggle or on/off is not available in the combo section. Maybe there is a workaround?

I'm using 3rd party Binbok-style joycons with a backpaddle that can be remapped on the controller to another controller button, in my case X. Thus, by mapping X in rewasd to toggle gyro, I can press the controller backpaddle and turn gyro on/off

This works great, but in intense moments, it's easy to toggle the gyro off and forget to turn it back on, or accidentally press the button, or press it agressively which throws off aim.

Unfortunately, the 3rd party internal controller mapping operates such that a short button press is sent when the backpaddle actuates, i.e. it can't do hold-down+release, otherwise I would have tried mapping gyro on/off with down-release.

My solution would be a combo that, upon pressing the backpaddle which is controller-mapped to X, activates the following REWASD sequence:

-Gyro off
    -250ms delay or so
    -Gyro on

Essentially, instead of toggling manually on/off, the backpaddle would turn off gyro and give a brief window to reset the controller before turning on. I think this might be beneficial and want to try this out. Can this be done in REWASD somehow?

Any suggestions?

BTW, joycon gyros control is amazing

Basically, there is a workaround:
    You will need the help of Shift mode and Activators.
    Make sure the main layer has the gyroscope enabled by default (check this in Preferences → Gamepads).
    Assign to the Start Press activator the button that you use to turn off the gyro (in my example it is a cross) transition to any other layer Shift (in my case Shift 1) in Toggle mode:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	203
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	234130

Then go to Shift 1 and apply Mute to the Gyro. So in this layer you turn it off.

Views:	134
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	234131

Select the cross again and assign its Release Press activator to return to the main layer in the Custom mode, setting the Delay before jump you need.

Views:	119
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	234132

Done!
    Based on the example, you will get the following result:
    In the main layer, the gyroscope is constantly working, but when you press the cross once, the gyroscope turns off for 250ms and turns on again.

I will clarify that for Toggle to work when moving to another layer, the Rapid Fire feature is required.​

Comment

That worked great, 350 ms is a perfect amount to reset and already feels far more comfortable than manual toggle.

Comment

Working...
      X