Sticks and triggers time out / become unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks and triggers time out / become unresponsive

While playing GTA RP through Fivem, my controller sticks and triggers will stop working, I have to restart the FiveM app every time for them to become responsive again which is time consuming and annoying. The controller is plugged directly into the PC, and as far as I know, the power source typically isn't interrupted.

please if anyone could help me figure this out I would be very grateful.
    Attached Files

Hello

Probably, the root of your issue is a double input from the gamepad. As I see in your config, you adjusted the sticks and triggers as a gamepad's buttons, and all other mappings are from the keyboard and mouse. I assume that the game could be messing up with inputs and turning off the gamepad buttons. As a result, the triggers and sticks stop working.

Please try to set up the triggers and stick the keyboard and mouse input as well
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	267
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	234186

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Hello

Probably, the root of your issue is a double input from the gamepad. As I see in your config, you adjusted the sticks and triggers as a gamepad's buttons, and all other mappings are from the keyboard and mouse. I assume that the game could be messing up with inputs and turning off the gamepad buttons. As a result, the triggers and sticks stop working.

Please try to set up the triggers and stick the keyboard and mouse input as well
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	267
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	234186
      I'm having trouble comprehending this sentence
      "Please try to set up the triggers and stick the keyboard and mouse input as well". Do you mean assign something from the keyboard to those additionally? This set up is kind of the whole reason I'm using the service, trying to use the precise triggers as the game pad but using the buttons for basic things like push to talk. Is it possible to keep this kind of dual coverage?

Comment

This question is rather related to GTA. I'm not sure if GTA is able to work with double input, this is why I assumed that the reason is double input. Try to remap the right stick for the mouse movement, on the left stick WASD, and on the triggers LMB and RMB appropriately. Then, apply the config and check how it works.

Comment

Working...
        X