Some pre-buying questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pre-buying questions

If I buy basic, I can upgrade to the other features, right?
    Also, having four profiles is meant to be extra cost, but I can select between three profiles in the program with my elite series 2, and I haven't requested a trial of the extra profiles option. What's going on there?
    And finally, I've bound mouse buttons to my series 2 paddles, and in modern warfare ii the "Using gamepad, go to options to change to mouse" comes up every so often. I thought this was due to binding to mouse buttons but it often pops up when I'm not using the paddles at all.
    One other thing, I was warned that a certain app was incompatible with the program but I didn't actually get around to uninstalling it. Does anyone know what that might have been?

This program is useful to me because my ms store is broken on my gaming pc, so whenever I want to remap I have to plug it into another pc to make changes. Not to mention being able to bind more than just dupes of other buttons.

Hello! A part of Advanced mapping feature is available for Xbox Elite, One, One S and Elite Series 2 with the basic license only. However, you will still need this feature to mute stick directions, set custom stick response, make controller button combos or assign mouse directions to virtual sticks no matter which controller you use. On an Elite controller, you can switch slots with a physical button, so the 4 Slots feature is optional.
    Additional functionality can be purchased later through your personal account, but buying a Full Pack right away will be more profitable.

The message in the game appears because you are using two types of input at once. We recommend using only one.

Originally Posted by nightride View Post
    One other thing, I was warned that a certain app was incompatible with the program but I didn't actually get around to uninstalling it. Does anyone know what that might have been?
    We do not recommend installing other remappers with reWASD, as this may cause conflicts.

In order to remap paddles on Xbox Elite, they have to be unmapped in the Xbox accessories app, as shown in this guide.​

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello! A part of Advanced mapping feature is available for Xbox Elite, One, One S and Elite Series 2 with the basic license only. However, you will still need this feature to mute stick directions, set custom stick response, make controller button combos or assign mouse directions to virtual sticks no matter which controller you use. On an Elite controller, you can switch slots with a physical button, so the 4 Slots feature is optional.

In order to remap paddles on Xbox Elite, they have to be unmapped in the Xbox accessories app, as shown in this guide.​
      If I don't really know what those functions are, and just want to map keyboard keys and not macros etc, I wouldn't miss any of the advanced features, would I? Also as mentioned I'm not able to install the xbox accessories app on my gaming pc but I've cleared all profiles by plugging it into a pc that does have it on.

Comment

If you plan to remap the keyboard to controller buttons, then you will need to use a Mute, which is part of the Advanced Mapping feature.
        reWASD has a trial period of 7 days for the basic license and 3 days for each feature, so you can test all the functionality and decide which one you need.

If the paddles are already unmapped, then this is saved to the On-board memory of the device and there is no need to do it again.​

Comment

If you plan to remap the keyboard to controller buttons, then you will need to use a Mute, which is part of the Advanced Mapping feature.
          reWASD has a trial period of 7 days for the basic license and 3 days for each feature, so you can test all the functionality and decide which one you need.

If the paddles are already unmapped, then this is saved to the On-board memory of the device and there is no need to do it again.​
          I'm a little confused, isn't the trial I received by installing the program representative of the basic version? That link mentions that it's available "if its trial period is active." - the basic trial I have seems to do everything I want it to, I mean I've only used it with call of duty and no man's sky, I wanted to use different keys for no man's sky but I just reassigned the paddles instead of making another profile. It functioned as intended.

Comment

EDIT: Ok, saw that not using mute could possibly cause problems but I'd like to only buy advanced mapping if I find myself affected by those problems.​

Comment

You can see if you have an active trial for features in the license section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	498
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	234228

If you have already activated the trial for features, then in 3 days it will end, and you will be able to check if the functionality of only the basic license is enough for you.

Comment

Just so I don't make another thread, what is the process of deactivating and reactivating a license if I move to a new pc or have a significant hardware change?

Comment

Check this article for how to deactivate a license (revoke the current activation of a license).

And this article explains how to activate a copy of reWASD with the serial number of your license.

Comment

Hello! A part of Advanced mapping feature is available for Xbox Elite, One, One S and Elite Series 2 with the basic license only..​
                    But when I switch profiles on the controller, I get told it's going back to original behavior and there is no option to map the paddles (or anything) even in another rewasd slot. I'm certain that all xbox accessories profiles have been wiped before trying to do this.

Comment

It's normal behavior of Xbox Controller. Once you change the profile on the controller reWASD changes the Slot as well. If there is a mapping only, for instance, on Slot 1, the mapping will work, after changing to Slot 2 the controller is going back to the native behavior because Slot 2 is empty.

What about the paddles... Have you updated your Xbox Accessories firmware?

Comment

Working...
                      X