Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MW2 gamepad detected

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MW2 gamepad detected

    https://streamable.com/v8vd4i

    This keeps popping up and I'm not sure where to go in the settings to tweak the settings. It happens if I move the right stick or mouse to look around.

  • #2
    Hello! Please send the config you are using.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	325
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	234352
    You can find your config by right-clicking on the profile name and open the file location.​

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the help
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        The problem is due to the double input. You need to add Mute to avoid this.

        For the mouse, add Mute here:​

        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	294.1 KB ID:	234361

        For the controller:

        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	457.0 KB ID:	234362

        Since the controller has keyboard mappings, the message may still appear when you switch to the mouse.​​

        Comment


        • #5
          I tried muting that on the mouse and it no longer worked in game. I didn't do the steps in the controller options last night. I'll give that a shot this afternoon.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
            The problem is due to the double input. You need to add Mute to avoid this.

            For the mouse, add Mute here:​

            Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	294.1 KB ID:	234361

            For the controller:

            Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	457.0 KB ID:	234362

            Since the controller has keyboard mappings, the message may still appear when you switch to the mouse.​​
            That fixed it. Why does muting a the mouse and gamepad allow that button to still be used? I don't think I'm understanding how mute works.

            Comment


            • #7
              Mute feature is muting the native input completely. Do you have the native input even after assigned Mute?

              You can also find more details about the feature here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                Mute feature is muting the native input completely. Do you have the native input even after assigned Mute?

                You can also find more details about the feature here.
                If i muted just the mouse movement then i wasn't able to look around with my mouse in game. This may have been unintended because sometimes I have to alt tab back out to get the full mouse range to work. After muting all of the controller and the mouse movement then the game rewasd works perfectly.

                I'm just playing around with the mouse curve now to make it feel closer to PC, which I'm not looking forward to. I used a xim on my ps4 and it took months of constant tweaking of the mouse curve to get a good feel to it. I'm hoping this will be a little easier.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What you've described is quite normal, as the game gets confused about what type of input you're using.
                  Your device group has both kb&m and a controller. However, you "turn" the controller into virtual kb&m, and when using physical kb&m in the game, a virtual gamepad is emulated and input switching occurs.

                  You need to decide which non-removable input type you want to emulate in the game - gamepad or kb&m.

                  Also check if you can strictly select the input method in the game settings so that it does not switch.​

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                    What you've described is quite normal, as the game gets confused about what type of input you're using.
                    Your device group has both kb&m and a controller. However, you "turn" the controller into virtual kb&m, and when using physical kb&m in the game, a virtual gamepad is emulated and input switching occurs.

                    You need to decide which non-removable input type you want to emulate in the game - gamepad or kb&m.

                    Also check if you can strictly select the input method in the game settings so that it does not switch.​
                    It's set to controller and the error would pop up when it detected a mouse or keyboard input. After muting the mouse movement and the whole controller the pop up during gameplay was fixed.

                    I'm just a simpleton and it hasn't registered how this program actually works yet. Even though the controller is physically connected it still creates a virtual controller? Do I even need a controller to be plugged into my PC?

                    By the way this community has been awesome so far. I bought the program and played with it for a few hours and brought my question here and received an almost immediate fix.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The virtual controller is created regardless of whether the gamepad is physically connected or not.

                      The question is, do you want to use a physical gamepad, or do you just need a virtual gamepad that you emulate on your kb&m to play?
                      If you do not need a physical gamepad, you can safely unplug it.

                      If your config contains virtual controller mappings (in your case, they are assigned as part of kb&m gamepad emulation), the virtual controller will be created in the system and the game will detect it.​
                      Originally Posted by Beerett View Post
                      By the way, this community has been awesome so far. I bought the program and played with it for a few hours and brought my question here and received an almost immediate fix.
                      Our community was created in order to share useful information and resolve user issues.
                      We're glad we can do it

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X