"Hold up to" functionality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hold up to" functionality?

Sorry if this is a simple question. I tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish - I want to create a combo/mapping where I press and hold a button and it will release either 1) when I let go 2) after X amount of time. For example if I set the threshold to 250ms, if I release the button before that I want it to register the button up event as soon as I release. But if I just continue holding it it will automatically fire a button up after 250ms.

Not sure if I understood you correctly.
    Could you rephrase the request somehow?​

Comment

Sure sorry about that. I want to setup my controller in a way that I can set the maximum time a button will be pressed down. If I press it down for less (like a quick tap for example) it'll register the tap, but if I keep it pressed it will only be considered pressed up to the maximum time.... Yeah that might be even less clear. Let me try with scenarios -

Let's say I set the "max" to 500ms.

1. I physically press the button down for ~25ms - the virtual controller registers it as a 25ms press
      2. I physically press the button down for 750ms - the virtual controller registers it as a 500ms press.

Is that clearer?

Comment

As a workaround, I would like to suggest using Long press activator with adding a needed key to combo.

So, you can adjust the press time for Long Press in the Preferences. For instance, it could be 500ms
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	217
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	234446
        Then, you should add the combo with a needed key. Once the Long press time is reached, the needed press will be registered. In my case is a 500ms

Views:	234
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	234448

Views:	235
Size:	773.7 KB
ID:	234450

I'm not sure if you looking exactly this, but probably it will be helpful as well

Note, that if a button has a Long press activator assigned to it, reWASD will wait the Long press time before it executes whether the Long or Single press mapping. If it will be less time then Long press time, then a Single press mapping reproduces. And on the contrary, if the Long press time is reached, the Long press activator reproduces.​
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          As a workaround, I would like to suggest using Long press activator with adding a needed key to combo.

So, you can adjust the press time for Long Press in the Preferences. For instance, it could be 500ms

Views:	217
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	234446
          Then, you should add the combo with a needed key. Once the Long press time is reached, the needed press will be registered. In my case is a 500ms

Views:	234
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	234448

Views:	235
Size:	773.7 KB
ID:	234450

I'm not sure if you looking exactly this, but probably it will be helpful as well

Note, that if a button has a Long press activator assigned to it, reWASD will wait the Long press time before it executes whether the Long or Single press mapping. If it will be less time then Long press time, then a Single press mapping reproduces. And on the contrary, if the Long press time is reached, the Long press activator reproduces.​
          Thanks. Unfortunately, this doesn't accomplish what I need. As you mentioned reWASD will wait the until the Long press time before deciding between the Long or Single press activators. That introduces a "lag/delay" that ends up defeating the purpose of doing this.

Comment

Originally Posted by gigggs View Post
            Thanks. Unfortunately, this doesn't accomplish what I need. As you mentioned reWASD will wait the until the Long press time before deciding between the Long or Single press activators. That introduces a "lag/delay" that ends up defeating the purpose of doing this.
            Unfortunately, there is no other option to implement this without this delay.

Comment

Working...
            X