Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing slots with not assigned key

Hello,
    Rewasd is switching to the 2nd slot every time I press the scroll wheel of my mouse, but as u can see in the screenshot, I only set 1 and 2 as hotkeys to switch slots.
    This only happens when I set the 2 key as hotkey for the 2nd slot.
    I tried clearing all settings, but that didn't solve the issue.

Help is appreciated.

If you have your physical mouse and keyboard set at [Preferences > Input devices], you can change the slots with the remapped input, meaning that if your scroll button or any other key is remapped to "2", then pressing that key/button will change the slot. You should set an unused key/shortcut for every slot you are going to use.

We also suggest checking the mappings set in the native Razor software for your mouse and making sure nothing is pressing the "2" key unintentionally.

Comment

It still happens after clearing everything, meaning no remaps at all. I did not change any keys on my mouse or keyboard.

Comment

In that case, you should do a test:
        1. Apply the config you were using.
        2. Check if the scroll button still switches to the second slot. If it is, proceed to the next step.
        3. Open a Notepad app.
        4. Press the scroll wheel of your mouse multiple times as you would usually do in the game while not switching to any other app.
        5. Turn remap OFF in reWASD, switch focus back to the Notepad app and repeat step Groups
        If "2" appears in the Notepad before and after you turn remap off - your Razer software was set to remap your scroll button or directions to the "2" key.
        If "2" appears only before you turn remap off - reWASD is still set to remap your scroll button or directions to the "2" key.

Comment

I tested it and also found out that when clicking the right mouse button it goes back to the first slot.
          You can see the slots switching in the overlay in the top left corner.
          Video: https://streamable.com/q0ehvv

Comment

I assume you were pressing only the scroll and right mouse buttons when Notepad was getting the "1212". And it happened with remap both ON and OFF, meaning that some other remapper (most likely the Razer one) is remapping your scroll and right buttons to "1" and "2".

This means that reWASD is working as it should, and you have to check the other remappers in your system and remove these 1/2 mappings there.

Comment

No I was pressing my keyboard keys, you can actually hear it in the video and like I said, there is no key changed in the razer or logitech software. I never changed anything since rewasd is what I'm using even if I need to change something.

Comment

I also forgot to mention that there was no entry in the Notepad when clicking the right mouse button or scroll wheel.
                Here is another video showing the mappings in razer synapse and g hub: https://streamable.com/deipj8​

Comment

I couldn't hear anything in the video (not using headphones).
                  The test description does not mention switching slots with keyboard keys.

Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
                  Here is another video showing the mappings in razer synapse and g hub: https://streamable.com/deipj8​
                  The link does not lead to any videos.

Please repeat the test without using the keyboard and while having the ViewKeyCode app set as in the screenshot below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	12.6 KB ID:	234515

Comment

The link is for some reason weird, just have to copy it as text https://streamable.com/deipj8

Here with viewkeycode:

Comment

So the mouse does not produce 1-2 keyboard inputs yet pressing its buttons changes the slots.

Could you please ZIP-up all the JSON files in the [C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD] folder and upload them here (do not include the license.dat file!).
                      We will try to reproduce this issue on our side for investigation.​

As for a possible fix, you can try the following in this order:
                      1. Disband the group where your mouse is and check [Preferences > Slots] for shortcuts that are used for the mouse.
                      2. Use the [Clear data] button at [Preferences > General].
                      3. Close reWASD via Tray Icon and then remove everything but the [license.dat] file from the [C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD] folder.

Comment

Tried everything suggested and it's still happening.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello!
                          Close reWASD via Tray Icon and check in Task Manager that the process is not active. After that, go to the C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD folder and delete the following files:
                          GamepadHotkeySlotCollection_SID.json
                          GamepadHotkeySlotCollection_S152122375692851417583 4404545568741001.json

Is your mouse connected via USB Receiver? This may be the reason for the problem. If the above method does not help, then try connecting it directly.​

Comment

I deleted the GamepadHotkeySlotCollection file and tried it with the cable plugged in. It's still changing slots with the scroll wheel and left mouse button.

Comment

Please send us a newly created GamepadHotkeySlotCollection file and we would appreciate it if you could collect standard logs for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X