Default Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Config

So this guide https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functions/autodetect.html shows how to auto detect apps, this works great and I like how the config disables when the app in question is not in focus, but the problem is I have a "universal default config" that I use for "everything else" and we're talking an infinite number of everything else... so there is no way I can assign an exe/process to them. Is there a way to get reWASD to change to this default, universal config whenever specialized, auto detect configs are not in focus?

Usually it is enough to add explorer.exe and searchui.exe to auto-detect the “default” profile. However, this may not work for “everything else”.

We have plans to implement a global default config. But while we have implemented it, you can try the following:
    Open → Tray Agent and enable the Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app option. Then manually apply your global config to a slot other than the one Autodetect applies your game configurations to.
    For example, Autodetect applies your game config in Slot 1, so apply the global config manually in Slot 2.
    Thus, upon exiting the associated app, reWASD will switch you to the config that was previously applied manually.​

Comment

The exe option doesn't work the way I'd like, as it only works for windows and nothing else. However the slot 2 / slot 1 layering does work. It's a little jank, but it gets the job done by having my "Everything else" config activate when a top level config de-activates.

Thanks, that will work until a global default config is implemented.

Comment

We are always glad to help!

Comment

It's already a while ago since people ask for this feature.. actually I have found requests on this forum really old (since 2019). You are always telling people that this feature "is planned".. I am really curious why it is still not implemented. I don't think this is hard to do. just instead of reverting profile to nothing, it can apply profile of your choice... So why it's still not in app?
          Last edited by lucidnx; 02.05.2023, 01:49.

Comment

We prioritize the features with the highest demand. "the default" profile doesn't seem to be one of them.

However reWASD already can behave in a similar way. Apply some config to a device and set up Autodetect for the same slot. With [Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app] option enabled at [Preferences > Tray agent], the previously applied config will be re-applied.

Comment

I do understand, but it's already 4 years.. this is holding me back from buying app because I have a lot of software that is changing (dev environment), for me it's no way to set it in this way.

Comment

I see your point.

However, the roadmap may change, and not all features may be implemented in time.

Comment

I also really want a default profile option. I have been using the slot 1 and slot 2 setup for a long time now but it constantly stops working on me and I end up spending hours trying to get my input devices to work how I want again, or end up resetting everything because it just refuses to work. Today for example it will not grab the autodetect config on Slot 1, just switches to Slot 1 and says its empty. Then it won't even go back to the default profile on Slot 2. I have already tried the "Clear Data" button and setting up my groups and autodetect again but its still being problematic.

Comment

Can you make a video of how you set this up?
                    In which slot do you apply which config, and how do you configure them, etc.

The more detailed, the better.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
                      We prioritize the features with the highest demand. "the default" profile doesn't seem to be one of them.
                      Since I've seen this requested a few times on this very forum, I'm curious which metric is being used to determine it to not be desired.

From a coding perspective, wouldn't or be as easy as having profile that is active so long as no others match, or even go so far as to make the button assignments from that profile be active so long as they are not overlayed or explicitly cleared by any other active profile?

Is there any place we can go to voice our support for various features and improvements, like a Trello board or discord suggesting channel?

Comment

We have a Suggestions channel on our Discord server.

Comment

On Xbox Elite 2 here. I tried the previous suggestion of applying a config to Slot 1, then having another profile that is auto triggered based on process. Doesn't appear to work, my controller always returns to devices native behaviour. Honestly, it's a little odd that an explicit Default Profile functionality for cases like this isn't implemented given the strength of much of the rest of the app in terms of both features and implementation.

Comment

Working...
                          X