Muting all buttons and directional inputs when combo is held

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muting all buttons and directional inputs when combo is held

Been trying to figure out if this is possible. I'm looking for a way to mute all inputs from my controller when my combo keys are being held to help prevent unnecessary inputs.

I was thinking of creating a shift layer 1 and muting everything manually so once any of my combo keys are being held it'll go to shift layer 1 with all directions and buttons being muted. However the issue I've noticed is that the analog sticks don't have the shift layer option and I have some of my combos tied to them.

For a quick example this is what I'll like to do. Let's say I'm holding down left trigger, right on the D-pad and A. Now once I press the right analog stick to the right (where I have one of my combos setup) the left trigger, Dpad and A become muted along with any other buttons when the combo is activated so that nothing interferes.

Is this possible? I have the apex 2 controller if that helps.

I'm afraid this is not possible with reWASD, but your idea sounds interesting. We will take a look at that

Comment

Thanks, adding the ability to map shifts to the analog sticks would be greatly appreciated. Or better yet also including an option to "mute all inputs while combo/button is being held" or something similar to that I think would be a solid add-on as well.

Comment

The ability to switch Shift layers using stick zones or triggers is already in our plans.
        It is unlikely that we will consider a separate option for “mute all inputs while combo/button is being held” as this can already be implemented with a workaround:
        Assign a separate Shift layer in which all buttons you don't need will be muted. Then assign a jump in the muted layer to a button that you want to disable all other inputs when pressed.
        If you want this muted layer to be activated when you press a key combination, use Shortcut.​

Comment

"The ability to switch Shift layers using stick zones or triggers is already in our plans."

Good to know! Ran into a few use cases recently where I really wanted analog zones to shift layers but couldn't.

Comment

Originally Posted by aweigh0101 View Post
            "The ability to switch Shift layers using stick zones or triggers is already in our plans."

Good to know! Ran into a few use cases recently where I really wanted analog zones to shift layers but couldn't.
            We will be happy to announce when this will be implemented

Comment

Working...
            X