Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xbox Right Stick does not respect layer 2 shift/mode while remapping it as a mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox Right Stick does not respect layer 2 shift/mode while remapping it as a mouse

Maybe it’s a bug or I’m doing something wrong. I want to do something quite simple: my right stick on Xbox series X controller to be remapped to behave as a mouse (but with the right button always pressed so it can move the camera on the game). In other words, if I move the stick up it would trigger Mouse up+ right mouse button (the same would apply to each direction). I managed to do that by mapping each side of the stick to the mouse up/down/left/right. On the advanced settings I used the “ZONE” options “to” “RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON” and on “DIRECTION” I selected “ALL”. . It worked as intended. Not sure if that’s the correct way though.

However, I have another layer where I hold the left bumper to shift to layer 2. In that layer I intend to use the right stick as a an “ordinary” mouse (that is, without the right button pressed at all times ). In other words, the right stick would trigger the mouse movement so I could access menus or click on items in the game and not to trigger the camera to move. Despite creating an individual mapping for the right stick to only move the mouse within layer 2, the stick still triggers the camera (mouse+right click) while in shift mode/layer 2 . (it mimics the same pre-set from the main layer). I tested all the remaining buttons while in shift mode and they all seem to behave as they should. The right stick is still the only one that doesn’t respect the boundaries of the layer and it behaves as if it was still in the main layer .
    Is there a workaround ? or another way for the right stick to control the camera in the main layer and to be used as mouse in layer 2.

Hello
    Please send us your config, we'll see what the issue is.​

Comment

here it is . I zipped the entire folder with the profile .
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello
        All you need to do to achieve your goal is to add [Do not inherit command] on Layer 2 in the advanced settings of the right stick.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	409.1 KB ID:	235300

A long story short, If you have added any mapping to sticks or trigger zones, and you don’t want them to reproduce while the Shift overlay is active, you’ll need to open the Stick settings inside the shift and pick Do not inherit for the zones as well​

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X