Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Stick sensitivity is imbalanced

Hello,

I noticed an issue where deflecting left on the right stick is more sensitive than deflecting right on the right stick. This happens with both analog right stick and digital right stick. This happens with multiple controllers and keyboard.

I found this by trying to determine deadzones in various games (Overwatch, Apex Legends, Hogwarts Legacy). See the videos attached for a visual of what I mean.

1st video
    • Right Stick Deflection set to ONLY 8100.
    • I am trying to move the camera left and right, but it only goes left.

2nd video
    • Right Stick Deflection set to ONLY 8900
    • I am successful in moving the camera left and right, but moving it left is clearly more sensitive than moving it right.

Hi.
    1. Are there such issues when the reWASD config is not applied?
    2. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hi.
      1. Are there such issues when the reWASD config is not applied?
      2. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
      I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.​

2. I have attached my config. I believe the only things I changed from default was re-mapping d-pad to right stick so that I can set an exact "deflection value" to test the deadzones.

1. I could not test the deadzone without a reWASD config so I performed another test using gamepad tester. It looks like the issue also affects deflecting the stick downwards.

Video 1
      • reWASD is turned off.
      • Moved the joystick to the 4 cardinal directions, wiggling a bit to test how easy it is to reach the maximum value for the X and Y axis. (1.00000)
      • Experienced almost no issues hitting the max value of 1.00000.

Video 2
      • reWASD is turned on.
      • Performed the same test as above, wiggling slightly at each cardinal to try to reach 1.00000 on each axis.
      • Significantly more difficult to hit the max value when deflecting the stick right and down.

Conclusion
      • It seems like the reWASD mapping for the right stick is slightly offset to the 'North' and 'West' directions of the stick. The left stick may also be affected but I did not test this.

Another test

Here is another test with Overwatch's 'Dual-zone' response curve. This response curve jumps in rotation speed after hitting a certain threshold (around 90% max stick deflection).

Attached Files

Comment

To the Thread Creator, I would recommend first using the website www.gamepad-tester.com and checking to see if your analog sticks are CENTERED. What I suspect is happening is that you have a type of 'drift', basically your joysticks aren't reading from 0.0 and are off-center in some direction.

Comment

I happen to have the same issue with my DualShock 4 controller.

As the aweigh01 mentioned, there is a possibility that the zero position of the right stick is shifted towards the up-left position due to incorrect calibration or some hardware issue. However, I couldn't fix this with Windows native calibration function.

While I can't tell if we can do something about the shift in our future updates, the deadzone and the ability to reach max deflection easier can already be "improved" with a Response curve similar to this one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	235571

Point 2 X value would be the deadline. Point 3 X value would be the actual deflection of a stick where maximum deflection will be reached on the virtual stick.

Comment

Working...
          X