Long press activation time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long press activation time

Hello! I might just be crazy, but I feel like the long press activator changed, or maybe I changed something by accident, and need help reverting it. When I have a button with a single press and long press activator, the single press works fine. The long press, however, does not activate until I release the button. I thought in the past that when the activation time for long press was satisfied, it would activate. Now, it seems to be waiting for activation time AND button release. Is there a way to change this?

Hey there!

I rechecked the functionality of the Long Press activator and found no problems on the release build of reWASD 6.4.0.6988
    Mapping is triggered after the Long Press time has elapsed, and it is not necessary to release the button for this.

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.​

Comment

So I am still working on this config, and after more investigating, it seems some work, some don't. In this config, I have the left paddle mapped to 1 on single press, and 2 on long press. This works as expected. The setup on the start button (P and escape) also works. However, on the left and right d-pad, I have numpad + and - mapped to single press, and keys X and Y mapped to long press. X and Y don't fire until I release the d-pad. The same is true on the Y button and X button mapping as well. They all look configured the same to me, maybe they behave different on different types of buttons? Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.
        Checked your config in a regular text editor and found no problem.
        Long Press on the D-pad buttons and X and Y works without having to release the button.​

Comment

Is there a way to test the button presses in reWASD? It definitely does not behave that way in game. Something I did notice, all the buttons that are not working properly technically have mappings in the "xbox accessories" app. I tried setting them all to "no mapping", but that makes reWASD not work for some reason. The paddles are unmapped (as reWASD told me to do), and they, plus the unmappable back and start buttons are the only things that work.

Comment

You don't need to disable/unmap anything other than paddles in Xbox Accessories.
            In reWASD, only virtual controller mappings can be tested. But since your config contains only virtual keyboard mappings, you can only test them in some keyboard tester or any text editor.
            If everything works properly in the text editor, then the reWASD emulation is working correctly and the problem is in the game itself.​

Comment

Well crap, you're right. Text editor test showed it working perfectly, so I went into the game and long pressed the keyboard- same problem. Probably should have started with that, but I didn't think the game would handle some key presses differently! Well thank you for the help, and at least now I know how to test my configs!

Comment

Always happy to help

Comment

Working...
                X