cant reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant reinstall

When I try to reinstall it says either error 5 or 1, and it says unverified license and fails to connect to verify my license. I've only had this software for a day and I cant reinstall it anymore. I've removed it and all its files and installation gives the same results. reWASD fails to connect.

This looks like a result of an excessively aggressive anti-virus or firewall app activity.

As far as I remember, "error 5 or 1" is shown when it is impossible to install or run a system service. reWASD remapping is done by the [Game Controller Mapping Service] (reWASDService) and won't work without it. I suggest adding reWASD installer and all reWASD executables in [c:\Program Files\reWASD] folder to the allowed/exclusions list of your anti-virus software.

"Unverified license" error is shown when reWASD is unable to communicate with its Service, Engine process, or the license verification server. To fix that, all executables in [c:\Program Files\reWASD] folder must be allowed to access the Local Network and the Internet.

Comment

I'm still getting error 5. I disable my anti virus and firewall also, so that definitely would allow let it connect but its still not. So either theirs something else blocking it or I didnt uninstall it right.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions except reinstalling Windows, as most system-related errors can be fixed with that.

Comment

Yeah, I will do a fresh install.

Comment

Working...
          X