Inputdevices settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inputdevices settings

In the preferences there ist a section Input Devices, wehre I find "Emulate Mouse mappings on behalf of" and List, that starts with "Virtual Input device for rewasd" and expanded shows the pyhsical devices.

I don't understand what this option is for. What is the meaning of "Virtual Input device", and what if I switch to one of the physical devices ?
    Thanks and greetings.
    Klaus

I suggest checking this article to figure out what these options are for. I'm afraid I won't explain better than what is described there.

Comment

I read this, but obviously I am too stupid to understand.

What does it mean "Virtual Input device". I never created a virtual input device, as far as I understand.

(I use rewasd for sometime, created my mappings for my mouse, keyboard, Azeron, and didn't care about this preference option. But in the past days, I got some problems, especially with the Azeron. So I started to look for the options, I never used. So I came to this point.)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	284
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	235675

Comment

Okay, I'll try to explain myself. This option is intended to emulate reWASD mappings on behalf of your physical devices. For instance, Valorant works only with Mouse input, so you need to choose your physical mouse in order for the game to recognize the input and work with reWASD virtual controller correctly. Virtual input Device for reWASD means that the game will see our own virtual input.

Comment

Okay, I still have problems to understand. I try to formulate how I understand it now.

The Virtual Input Device so far is the rewasdService. This service grabs the input from all physical input device, interprets them and maps them (if configured) ?
          If I switch rewasd input device settings to something physical, I, so to say, "disable" the rewasdService, because he is not used any more by rewasd?
          If its like this, rewasd then only uses 2 (physical) devices to remap?
          If I had 2 mice, then the second one would not be remapped?
          And is a Azeron device recognized and mapped in this scenario?

The input device settings can only be changed globally, and not seperately for every game?

Comment

Originally Posted by Klaus-L View Post
            If its like this, rewasd then only uses 2 (physical) devices to remap?
            If I had 2 mice, then the second one would not be remapped?
            And is a Azeron device recognized and mapped in this scenario?

The input device settings can only be changed globally, and not seperately for every game?
            You got it right.
            However, I'm afraid I don't fully understand these questions.

Comment

OK, thank you very much. I think I got it now for my understand the functionality.

Comment

>The Virtual Input Device so far is the rewasdService
                No, 'Virtual Input device' is a special software device, created by reWASD driver, where all emulated keys and mouse movements come from. I.e. all applications will see than button was 'pressed' on this device (unlike physical keyboard or mouse). It is useful for example if you remove you physical mouse but still want to emulate mouse movements inside your game. It is global setting and reWASD always creates 'Virtual Input Device' on your system by default, but it is optional - you can disable 'Virtual Input device' in preferences if you don't need it. In this case reWASD will try to emulate buttons on top if your physical keyboard or mouse. This is what 'emulate mappings on behalf of ...' means. For some games it may be needed to force this option even when 'Virtual Input Device' is present - that is why it was created.
                It also should be noted that if you disable 'Virtual Input device' and don't have any physical keyboard in your system then reWASD will not be able to emulate key presses. Same is about mouse.

Comment

ok, many thanks for explanation.

Comment

Working...
                  X