Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron Joystick-Keys bouncing

Hi,
    in some controller afin games, I have the situation, that form time to time, wasd from Azeron's analog joystick are bouncing, means keys are constantly repating,
    Mostly, when I switch back to the game windows. I have to tap the joystick once, to make this disappear.
    May be that the game does not realize the stick has released, once it was pressed.

Is there an option solution to prevent this?
    Thanks and greetings
    Klaus

Hey there!
    Send us your config, please.

Comment

Hi, e.g. my Genshin config
      Attached Files

Comment

We would recommend excluding virtual controller emulation in the config.
        You can do this by clicking on “Magic Wand”

And then, you need Mute the buttons to which you have remapped keyboard keys.

Comment

Hi, now it's totaly confusing for me.
          When I go to configure the gamepad option, I only get the picture for my Azeron.I don't see (and have a controller). I never configured a (virtuel) controller myself.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	283
Size:	613.9 KB
ID:	235779
          To see a gamepad configuration, I have to: switch to keyboard, then to the configuration I want to change, and then back to gamepad. Then I see a controller picture with mappings I never created.
          Thats all totally confusing.
          Now I can click on the magic wand and see:

Views:	307
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	235778
          So, how to "excluding virtual controller emulation in the config" now ?

Sry, I do not understand anything right now ...

Comment

I misunderstood you in the beginning.

Send us a video of your issue, so we can see what you mean, please.
            And please clarify what you mean by "I have to tap the joystick once to make this disappear"​

Comment

OK.

1. First please, can you explain, why the Rewasd GUI works so confusing (sometimes shows the Azeron, sometimes a controller (that isnt there) ?

I have KB,Mice,Azeron as hardware. And I only want to map the buttons of these devices to the game shortcuts. Also Azeron joystick shall work as WASD.
              I don't want to emulate a controller in my Win11 in any way.

2. Bouncing
              So, sometimes, in rare cases, The Azeron joystick seems to bounce, as if I would permantely move the joystick it,also I don't touch it in that moment. It's no hardware problem, as we have the same on another PC with a new Azeron. Normaly, this bouncing stops, by moving the joystick once.
              Within another game, in a special situation, when keyboard input of letters is needed, as soon as you enter the input-field with the mouse, the letters wasssswwwwddd start apperaing in the field. It's not stoppable. The only solution is, to interrupt the game's action, "cancel". Alt+Tab out of the game window, activate another window, and Alt-Tab back to the game. Sometimes the bouncing then does not happen.I think, it has something to do, with game's programming. I saw it only in games, that are console ports or hybrids (Genshin, Wild Hearts, Tower of Fantasy).
              But it is also connecton to Azeron and Rewasd drivers.
              I can imagine, that a game may miss a "button up" or "joystick up" due to performance. But getting input like "wwwaaassssddd", as if someone would rotate the joystick, makes no sense to me.
              I cannot provide a video for that, as it happens only from time to time.

Comment

1) reWASD shows a device that is currently selected. If the selected device or group of devices does not include a controller, the Xbox One would be shown on the [Gamepad] sub-config by default.

2) This sounds like a drift issue. I suggest increasing deadzone value for Azeron sticks in advanced settings and see if that would help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                  1) reWASD shows a device that is currently selected. If the selected device or group of devices does not include a controller, the Xbox One would be shown on the [Gamepad] sub-config by default.

2) This sounds like a drift issue. I suggest increasing deadzone value for Azeron sticks in advanced settings and see if that would help.
                  -> 1) hmm, not the best UI experience, could be improved.

-> 2) ok, I do that and see, if it*s getting better and woll report here.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

We also try to constantly improve our software, relying on our users' suggestions.

How would you like to improve its appearance? What are your suggestions?​​​

Comment

Views:	284
Size:	526.1 KB
ID:	235806
                      Ok, for me, it's confusing, how the top row corresponds to the Bottom row.
                      In my example, I have selected a mouse in Buttom row and "Gamepad" in Top row.
                      Also, I don't have a controller in my system, the picture of a controller with mappings is shown, that I never configured. The mappings seem to come form my Azeron, that I once configured.

1.) So, when I select a device at the Bottom, why can I select a Gamepad at the top ? What influence does it have, switching the devices at the Top,

2.) Why the picture of a controller is shown, also I don't have one ? When I switch to Keyboard in Top, no picture is shown, but a panel to add buttons.On Mouse a picture is shown, too.
                      That's inconsistent.

3.) Having this constellation (Top Mouse, Bottom a Mouse selected):

Views:	246
Size:	399.5 KB
ID:	235807
                      ​and I switch Bottom to Keyboard, it ends up in the Profile Select Screen:

Views:	251
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	235808
                      Why? That doesn't happen, when I switch the Bottom to a Mouse device?

So, that's what I discovered in the last days, that was confusing me.
                      I would prefer, that there wer a clear connection between the devices at the top, the bottom (and a group).
                      When I select a gamepad at one section, only gamepads in the other section should be selectable. And so on.
                      Difficult to descibe.
                      Please ask, if yout don't understand, what I mean.
                      Greetings

​​

Comment

So, that's what I discovered in the last days, that was confusing me.

I would prefer, that there were a clear connection between the devices at the top, the bottom (and a group).
                        When I select a gamepad at one section, only gamepads in the other section should be selectable. And so on.

Perhaps like this:

First, I select a Game profile.
                        Second I select Gamepad (KB,M) at the top, there should be an option to add a physical device to use.
                        Third I click on one of the connected devices, to make mappings.

Then I have a concret hierarchy, who everythings fits together.

Difficult to describe.
                        Please ask, if you don't understand, what I mean.
                        Greetings

Comment

At the bottom, you select the device (or group of devices) to which the config will be applied.

The config can contain mappings for several devices at once, so a specific type of device is selected at the top.
                          You can also click the button to disable the config parts that cannot be used on the selected device.​

The controller tab is the Mapping tab in the config; Azeron is displayed there instead of the controller if the config is used for Azeron.

If you want to remap all your devices, you must group them.

Also, you can read more information about the Workspace and Groups of devices from these articles.

In the future, we are planning to make our interface more user-friendly.
                          Stay tuned!​

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
                            In the future, we are planning to make our interface more user-friendly.
                            Stay tuned!​
                            That's good to hear.
                            And never mind, I like Rewasd very much, also it's sometimes confusing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Klaus-L View Post
                              Hi,
                              in some controller afin games, I have the situation, that form time to time, wasd from Azeron's analog joystick are bouncing, means keys are constantly repating,
                              Mostly, when I switch back to the game windows. I have to tap the joystick once, to make this disappear.
                              May be that the game does not realize the stick has released, once it was pressed.

Is there an option solution to prevent this?
                              Thanks and greetings
                              Klaus
                              Please mate, could u tell me if you resolved and how? I have the same exact issue, never did before the rewasd update. It is driving me crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X