Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes Azeron mappings not restored

Hello,
    I have a strange behaviour sometimes within one game. This game is a bit bitchy with it's control management.
    When I leave the game window (I have 2 monitors), and come back into it, sometimes my Azeron works fine,
    but sometimes the joystick wasd is not working. Other mappings are ok.

I tried with the option to unload the mappings on leaving an app. Mostly they are loaded again, when I reenter,
    but sometimes not, as I can see with the overlay.
    When I leave option to not remove applied config, there is a strange behaviour (e.g. mouse movement in the game, although I clicked into another app-window).

I think, thats not a problem of Rewasd, but of the game's handling of input.

But waht I realy don't understand is, why sometimes only the joystick mapping doesn't work. I have to multiple tab in and out, or restart Rewasd, to let it function correctly.

Does someone have any explanations or suggestions?

Greetings

As far as I understand, reWASD works. reWASD creates a virtual controller once you click [Apply]. While the config is turned on, there are no any changes in the virtual controller. It works the way the system sees it. I mean, once you apply the config, the settings of a virtual controller stay permanent. Based on this fact, strange behavior is caused by the game exactly. I suggest checking how it works in other games as well.

I hope I was clear

Comment

It's a bit more complicated. Yes, Rewasd works, but not as expected in every situation. This may not be Rewasd's fault.
      Surely, the games input handling is bitchy.
      It's started through steam. So I disabled "steam controller input" for it. I will see, if that helps.

Steam Input and Rewasd parallel seem to be a problem in many cases.

Comment

Try also to test via https://gamepad-tester.com/

Send us your config, and let us know if disabling "steam controller input" helps you.​​

Comment

Working...
        X