Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller Mapping Conflicting With Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller Mapping Conflicting With Game?

I use reWASD to map keyboard commands to my Elite Series 2 controller for DayZ, and for some reason, I think that it may be conflicting while playing. I'll use the keyboard to type in the global chat, and it will spam the chat window constantly with whatever I type in. I tried playing without my controller on and connected, and don't have any issues. I'm looking for any insight anyone might have as to how I can prevent this from happening, as it's really a pain in my backside. I prefer playing with controller (my KaM skills are infantile) so if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

This is the configuration I'm using. Got it from the rewasd community.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Could you elaborate on emulating which keyboard buttons can cause this behavior in the game?
        I see that on stick clicks you have Toggle enabled for LShift and Numpad Enter. This means that when you click on a stick, constant spamming of these buttons begins.
        Could this be the reason?

If not, which controller buttons are causing the issue?​

Comment

It's the global chat which is the main "enter" (not numpad) key on the keyboard. The numpad "enter" setting is for switching between first and third-person perspective, so I don't know if that is cause for my issue. When I use the main keyboard "enter" key to type in global chat, I can temporarily type normally, but after a while, it will freak out and constantly fill the chat with whatever I type, whether it be a single letter or if I'm lucky, a full word.

Comment

Does this behavior only occur when you press the right stick?

Comment

It seems to be the case, yes.

Comment

Looks like your game does not differentiate between [Enter] and [Numpad Enter] keys, and both activate the chat input field.

We suggest using another key instead of the [Numpad Enter] one for the corresponding action in the game.

Comment

Working...
                X