Update 6.5.1 messed up my joystick mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 6.5.1 messed up my joystick mapping

I updated to version 6.5.1 tonight and after the update my joystick mapping got all messed up for my Azeron Cyborg.

Prior to update to 6.5.1, joystick was good but after downloading and installing 6.5.1 forward is no longer forward - it is now right. Also sometimes when I push my joystick forward it gets stuck and my character keeps running forward even though the joystick has returned to the center.

I went into preferences and cleared data, after the restart the issue still persists.

Please help, I paid for the entire suite and now I can't use my Azeron with reWASD.

Thanks,

reWASD team is aware of this issue and will try to investigate it. We hope to find a solution as soon as possible.
    As a temporary solution, I would like to suggest rolling to the previous reWASD version
    All versions of reWASD are safely stored in your personal account. Please use the same email you entered during the purchase to get access to it​

Comment

Thanks! I rolled back to 6.5.0 (by uninstalling reWASD and reinstalling from the downloaded 6.5.0 exe).

All is good now. Please let me know once a newer version is pushed and i can try to update again.

Thanks!

Comment

Guys from reWASD contacted Azeron team, and they informed them the issue will be resolved once Azeron update their firmware

Comment

Thanks for the info, do you know what firmware version that will be?

Comment

Nope
            Just wait for Azeron latest update

Comment

Hello again
              Use this link to update Azeron firmware

Comment

Thanks! Will try this tonight.

Comment

Thanks, this worked! Now I'm on:
                  1. SW: 1.2.3
                  2. FW: 81b
                  3. reWASD 6.5.1
                  One thing (not sure if this was design choice or not) is that reWASD is now ignoring the angle I set for my Cyborg in the Azeron application. Before 6.5.1, I had set my Azeron thumbstick angle in the Azeron application and the button/joystick mappings in reWASD. However, the only changes is that I have to set the thumbstick angle on each profile in reWASD now (and the angles are reversed - e.g.: in Azeron app I set it as -33 but in reWASD I had to set it as +33).

I can understand the design choice, but wanted to call that out for anyone that was like me and use the same thumbstick angle for each game.

Other than that, good to go (oh, and in the Azeron app it'll keep prompting you to update to 1.2.2 - ignore that).
                  ​

Comment

Got it. Thank you for the information.

Comment

Yes, new stick behaviour is now by design: the angle you set in Azeron application does not affect reWASD, the only thing we use is stick calibration. The rest should be done via reWASD profile.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
                        Yes, new stick behaviour is now by design: the angle you set in Azeron application does not affect reWASD, the only thing we use is stick calibration. The rest should be done via reWASD profile.
                        Thanks for the clarification of this. I figured this was ultimately intended. Unfortunately, my Cyborg must have angle rotated -90 degrees to be correctly oriented, and my Cyro must have +90 rotation, but the reWASD software does not support rotation of more than 45 degrees. Is there any way to continue using reWASD for my Azeron pair without permanently reverting to 6.5.0?

Comment

With +/- 90 degrees rotation, you should "rotate" the mappings instead. So if you had W-D-S-A set for it before (clockwise), you should use A-W-D-S or D-S-A-W instead.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                            With +/- 90 degrees rotation, you should "rotate" the mappings instead. So if you had W-D-S-A set for it before (clockwise), you should use A-W-D-S or D-S-A-W instead.
                            Fair enough, I suppose I'll have to get used to seeing the mapping diagrams pointing in strange directions. I do hope it'll eventually go back to working "out of the box" someday.

Comment

This is how Azeron firmware works, so we can't change anything here. But in the future reWASD may provide own stick calibration and angle adjustment for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X