No announcement yet.

Update 6.5.1 messed up my joystick mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you obtain firmware 81b for cyborg? I installed the 1.2.3 software and did a firmware update, but it installed 76a even though I had 'beta version opt in' enabled.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
      Yes, new stick behaviour is now by design: the angle you set in Azeron application does not affect reWASD, the only thing we use is stick calibration. The rest should be done via reWASD profile.
      Is it possible to template the angle and/or copy/paste it between profiles? I do not rotate the thumbstick regularly(do people regularly rotate it? kinda surprised to hear that), so this just means I have to apply the same number to every profile I want to make in reWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by PitBrat View Post
        How do you obtain firmware 81b for cyborg? I installed the 1.2.3 software and did a firmware update, but it installed 76a even though I had 'beta version opt in' enabled.
        Try the link from this post.

Originally Posted by draecas View Post
        Is it possible to template the angle and/or copy/paste it between profiles? I do not rotate the thumbstick regularly(do people regularly rotate it? kinda surprised to hear that), so this just means I have to apply the same number to every profile I want to make in reWASD.
        You can save a [Shift] layer as a preset or [Copy] it from one config to another. You can also keep a separate config where Azeron stick would be remapped as you need and [Clone] it to other profiles. (These commands are available in context menus of Shifts and Configs).

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
          This is how Azeron firmware works, so we can't change anything here. But in the future reWASD may provide own stick calibration and angle adjustment for sure.
          Yeah, I understand. I'm hoping Azeron switches to keeping angle adjustments in a global config rather than per profile. It actually used to be that way around when they launched the Cyborg. That way you could just configure it in their software and it would work perfectly here, but who knows if the new boards changed how they must approach it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
            With +/- 90 degrees rotation, you should "rotate" the mappings instead. So if you had W-D-S-A set for it before (clockwise), you should use A-W-D-S or D-S-A-W instead.
            Thanks for this, what can we do if we weren't using WASD though and were instead using the Xbox stick mapping?

Thanks!

Comment

If you had stick mappings, then you need to arrange them accordingly, by analogy with the named WASD (AWDS \ DSAW)
              As Shion described above.​

Comment

So it looks like with the newest firmware update by Azeron, reWASD seems to pull the rotation that is set in your Azeron software again. Once I updated fw my usual reWASD map was suddenly giving mixed up stick input. I just reset to default and it was working properly. I didn't have to adjust for the restrictor ring, either. I know this isn't a reWASD change, but just an FYI for anyone who may have reverted reWASD version due to this.

Comment

Working...
                X