No announcement yet.

Can't Use X-Arcade Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok... the game controllers dialog. It shows the Controller (Xbox 360 for windows) (that's the virtual controller), Ultimarc Ultra-Stik 1 and Ultimarc Ultra-Stik 2. That's all.

Comment

That should be all the information you asked for.

Comment

Unfortunately, this information alone does not provide enough.

I suggest disconnecting everything except a single U360 stick in mouse mode and doing the following:
        1. Test if this stick actually works as a mouse on your PC (can move the mouse pointer, we are yet to confirm that);
        2. Find this stick-mouse in reWASD. It should have this icon . We would need a screenshot of that device in reWASD to verify.
        3. Make a new profile/config and only remap the mouse to left/right stick without changing any other options
        4. Test this config in both [joy.cpl] and Gamepad Tester.
        If step 4 results in nothing, then we'd have to accept that reWASD cannot remap these sticks due to them not sending mouse inputs via the device.

Comment

On a side note... one thing I would like to recommend, that would improve the support situation for your users is if you guys could familiarize yourselves with some of the more common gaming devices that might be used with your software. I understand there is no way you can know about every junk controller on the market, but the U360 is commonly used in retrogaming and is, in fact often used to replace joysticks in arcade controllers, like I have done with my X-Arcade. Joysticks :: Joysticks :: UltraStik 360 Ball Top (ultimarc.com)

Ok... to answer questions. Yes! The stick is designed as a mappable analog joystick and I can use it to control the mouse in menus of software like the Launchbox frontend, etc...

Here is a screenshot from a fresh config.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rewasd.png
Views:	246
Size:	774.5 KB
ID:	236246

I cannot do further testing because in the time since I started this support request my advance mapping 3 day trial has expired. I have previously tested my config in the Gamepad Tester, which was just the U360 grouped with the X-Arcade buttons. The buttons worked in the tester, the joystick did not. If I test the raw U360 without REWASD at all, it does work in the Gamepad Tester.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by jochs99 View Post
            Ok... to answer questions. Yes! The stick is designed as a mappable analog joystick and I can use it to control the mouse in menus of software like the Launchbox frontend, etc...
            The question was more like if it can be used to move the mouse pointer in Windows, like over desktop, Explorer, other Windows apps, etc. However, I'll just assume that it does.

Here is a screenshot from a fresh config.
            The screenshot also shows a keyboard and a controller. What are those?

I cannot do further testing because in the time since I started this support request my advance mapping 3 day trial has expired.
            Please provide the System ID of your PC. You can copy it from the License page in reWASD.

I have previously tested my config in the Gamepad Tester, which was just the U360 grouped with the X-Arcade buttons. The buttons worked in the tester, the joystick did not. If I test the raw U360 without REWASD at all, it does work in the Gamepad Tester.
            So far, this suggests that mouse-move inputs are not generated by the U360 device you have added to the group. If they are emulated by the U360 software, reWASD won't be able to remap it.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys probably need to support the "unsupported devices" that appear in REWASD when you plug in the U360. They show as a mouse and also an unsupported controller. The keyboard is the X-Arcade board. The controller is my Xbox controller.

Comment

I'm guessing you guys probably need to support the "unsupported devices" that appear in REWASD when you plug in the U360.
                We have plans to add universal support for all devices that can work with Windows, but no date is set for that yet.
                Do the impossible, see the invisible
                Row! Row! Fight the power!
                We can try to add experimental support for your sticks. For that, we need you to provide us with their connection logs:
                1. Disconnect all controllers from your PC.
                2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                3. Uncheck [GUI/Agent logs option].
                4. Click the [Start log] at [Preferences > General].
                5. Connect one U360 stick and wait for it to appear in reWASD.
                6. Click the [Stop log] at [Preferences > General].
                7. Send the resulting ZIP file to us.
                However, we cannot guarantee anything, as we don't have this device on our hands to research it properly.

Comment

Ok, I have the log. It may show the X-Arcade board and another U360 because I have to disassemble the entire controller to plug one of these in at a time. However, I have the .zip log file. Would you like me to send it to you in PM?

Comment

You can upload it here or send it to [help(at)rewasd.com].

Comment

Ok... it's been sent to the help email.

Comment

Your request to support this device was added to our long to-do list.

As I've mentioned before, we cannot guarantee that this device will be supported in the next update or at all. However, we might contact you in the future for more details or testing.​

Though I already have a few questions for you:
                        • What is the VID&PID of the U360 when it is set to work in analog stick mode (as an unsupported controller)? It is shown when you set the mouse pointer over the icon of a device.
                        • Were you connecting U360 to your PC in analog stick mode when collecting the logs?

Comment

Ah... actually, I believe it was mapped to 4-way at the time the log was made. Do you need another one?

Comment

I sent a revised log file (created after setting to analog mode) to the help email. Here is a screenshot of the VID.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	236258

Comment

Working...
                            X