Updated to 6.5.1 and no nothing works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to 6.5.1 and no nothing works

Just updated today and reWASD completely broke. Doesn't work at all anymore. Tried re-installing, still broken. Restarted my computer twice, still broken.
    When I try to press the "Power" button to turn on reWASD, nothing happens. No matter what I try, I can't get the application to activate and work like it used to

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	11 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	236178
    Last edited by Naxia; 20.03.2023, 03:52.

"Power" button is used to re-apply previously applied configs.

The update most likely removed that information, so you have to re-apply the configs manually to your devices at least once for the "Power" button to be available again.

Comment

Yeah, I have tried everything I can think of to get the remapping to work for any of my Xbox buttons. Nothing works. None of the face buttons change, none of the triggers, none of the back buttons.

I have tried multiple games, and I have tried hitting "Apply to Slot" and nothing does anything. I've been using reWASD for years now, and never seen this behavior before.

Even when I right-click the system tray icon, sometimes it says "Turn Remap OFF" sometimes it says "Turn Remap ON" -- but regardless of what that text says, there is no remapping taking place. And if I try to click that menu option, nothing happens. If it said "OFF" it stays at "OFF" -- and the times it suddenly says "ON" and then I click it, it still says "ON

"Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	19.3 KB ID:	236188
      Last edited by Naxia; 20.03.2023, 04:31.

Comment

Are you by any chance using some kind of personal firewall like Norton Security or BitDefender?
        If you do, try adding all exe files from the [c:\Program Files\reWASD\] folder to the trusted/allowed/exception lists of said firewall.

Comment

No, I am not using any firewall, or any AV software at all.

Had been using reWASD v 6.2.1 for months just fine. Today I updated and now it doesn't work at all.

Ideally, I would just like to re-download 6.2.1 and install that again because that was fine. But I can't seem to find a link to that version anywhere.

Comment

Hello! Links to download previous versions are available in your personal account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	468
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	236199

Comment

Hi, i just wanna say I have the same exact problem as you.

My rewasd doesn't work at all since the last update, when I apply any config it breaks my controller.

I tried with multiples controller & none of them are working.

Will try tonight to reverse back to the old update.

Anyway I'm sure of myself that it isn't from my side.
              Because when i try to apply a config from REWASD on all of my controller, none of them works anymore.

I tried to change settings/restart multiple time the software and my computer but nothing work 😕

It's annoying because i can't group anymore my joycons from NYXI without this 😁.

​​​​​​Hope it will works again because the new update looks interesting.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
                Hello! Links to download previous versions are available in your personal account.
                Awesome, thank you sooo much!

Maybe I can downgrade one at a time and see which is the first version to start working again

Comment

I started downgrading, newest to oldest, and found that v6.4.0.6988 seems to work just fine. So I will stick with that version for now.
                  Thanks!​

Comment

Tyralith, Naxia, could you please collect Standard logs according to these instructions in the latest reWASD version (6.5.1.7455)? Try to apply the config that doesn't work as it was in previous versions, stop the log collection, and send us the contents of [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs] folder (please ZIP them up first).

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                      Tyralith, Naxia, could you please collect Standard logs according to these instructions in the latest reWASD version (6.5.1.7455)? Try to apply the config that doesn't work as it was in previous versions, stop the log collection, and send us the contents of [c:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs] folder (please ZIP them up first).
                      Hi,

I couldn't change my previous reply yesterday, I did again the same thing as Naxia.

I tried first to revert back to 6.5.0,didn't work and after 6.4.0.

Same as Naxia, everything work as intended with this update.
                      Idk what change between 6.4.0 & 6.5.0 but something is broke.

I could try to update and to upload some logs for you when I have time (maybe not tonight) but will try to help for sure!

Comment

Zippity-zip!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Naxia View Post
                          Zippity-zip!
                          I'm sorry. I didn't provide the link to the instructions. Please follow the Standard Log section instructions in this article, and apply the config before stopping the log collection.

Comment

Same issue on my side. I've been away from gaming for 1 year... so not sure what the previous version I had was. Regardless, the power button is just greyed out. Nothing happens on press. Nor errors, etc. Logs attached. Keep in mind, can't actually do anything because the button can't be pressed, so this will likely not be much of anything in the logs.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by iliadz View Post
                              Same issue on my side. I've been away from gaming for 1 year... so not sure what the previous version I had was. Regardless, the power button is just greyed out. Nothing happens on press. Nor errors, etc. Logs attached. Keep in mind, can't actually do anything because the button can't be pressed, so this will likely not be much of anything in the logs.
                              This button is designed to enable remapping.
                              If the button is highlighted as inactive, it means that no config has been applied before.
                              Try to apply the config using the "Apply to slot" button manually.​

Comment

Working...
                              X