Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joycon Controllers Not Detected By ReWASD, but detected by Windows

Hi all,
    Wondering if someone can help out or has experienced this issue and hopefully have a solution. I have a pair of Joy-Cons that are NOT detected by reWASD, but are detected by Windows 10.

I have the fully optioned version of reWASD (all add/ons, etcs), and have loved using the dead-zone feature for stick drift, and would love to use it again with my joy-cons. But unfortunately, when I open up reWASD, no joy-con controllers are detected.

Steps I have taken
    • Paired Joy-Cons in Win 10 via bluetooth devices. In the bluetooth device list it shows up as Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R). (Attached Pic)
    • Looked in joy.cpl and controllers are showing up as Wireless Gamepad (Attached pic)
    • Able to view buttons and layout (Attached pic)
    • Was able to use programs like Dolphin / Yuzu to ensure controller is indeed registering. Buttons function, but had to remap using Dolphin / Yuzu as button configuration was weird (ie. Left -> Up, X->A, etc etc)
    • Nothing shows up in reWASD.

So, it is weird that other programs are able to detect the joycons (with mixed up button layout that I had to remap), but reWASD is unable to detect at all.

No other remapping programs are installed on the computer, as reWASD is the only one installed.

I have also created a log file via the reWASD tools by unpairing the controllers, starting the log capture, and then repairing the controllers. Please see attached.

Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

First, as an option, I recommend checking for some third-party drivers that are preventing the device from showing up in reWASD
    Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps, and drivers.
    1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
    2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
    3. Go to File -> Save
    4. Send the *.nfo file you get

Comment

Second, please show me how Steam sees your Joycon Controllers
      And finally, I'm wondering if you could provide me with where you purchased your joycons and these full name. Just these JoyCons do not return any info to reWASD according to log, and this is a reason why they are not detected

Comment

Hi Miron4ik42. Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!

So, for the Steam Input, it is weird, but they joy cons are not showing up in steam, even though Windows says they are connected in the bluetooth settings. Screenshot attached.
        Also attached is the .nfo file you have requested.

The Joy Cons are 3rd party. NYXI Hyperion joycons (https://nyxigaming.com/products/nyxi...less-joy-pad-1). They work great on the Switch. And they can be seen in Yuzu (Screenshot attached). Just can't be seen by reWASD.

I'll try to DM you the nfo file.

Thanks again!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Miron4ik42. Just wanted to give you a heads up with some more information.

I did some testing with a different computer environment and was able to use the ViGEmBus + BetterJoy combo, and they detected the Joy-cons and were able to convert it into an Xbox Controller as well as the motion server.

However, this is not the solution I would like to use, as reWASD is my main tool of choice. So, it does seem like certain software is able to detect. Just not reWASD or Steam.

Another note: When I used the BetterJoy combo, reWASD picked up the controller as an xbox controller. So reWASD was able to detect as long as there is an interim driver, but not able to detect them as joycons.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide. Thank you!

Comment

I've done a little research with my mates, and we got the conclusion that this model won't be detected in reWASD. Windows sees your joycons like a simple HID device. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make full compatibility with reWASD.

I see that joycons is doing well with Switch, I assume this is because they were designed to work only with Switch ( I even checked their website and didn't find any information about compatibility on PC)

There is only one way to make it work with reWASD. The NYXI guys need to modify their firmware to be able to work fully on a PC. At the moment, we are limited by the restriction of their firmware.

I guess I clear the air

Comment

Hi Miron4ik42. Thank you so much for checking in to this. While unfortunate that it is a firmware issue, I really do appreciate the time and effort you and your team have put into investigating and seeing what can be done. Thanks for the effort and the great communication!

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you for your feedback
                We are always happy to help

Comment

Working...
                X