Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The optimal stick settings for emulating the authentic N64 hardware experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The optimal stick settings for emulating the authentic N64 hardware experience?

I'm new here, having just started using it yesterday. It's a very impressive program, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the various options available for stick calibration. I'm currently using a Switch Online N64 controller, which Rewasd recognized and set up all button bindings with ease. However, when I play games such as Smash 64 or Mario 64, the controller's acceleration, sensitivity, dead zone, and other factors all feel a bit off.

Instead of spending several hours tinkering and testing various settings, I was wondering if anyone out there has discovered stick calibration settings that accurately mimic the native N64 hardware experience and would be willing to share their configuration?

Hey there!

Unfortunately, none of our team owns a Nintendo 64, and we can't compare the stick settings to the native N64.

We can advise you to look at more information about Advanced Stick settings in this article.
    We hope this will help you achieve what you want.

Also, perhaps someone from our great community members can help you.​

Comment

REWASD seems to be mostly intended for guys that want an advantage in CoD... the makers and staff don't seem to be into, or know much about emulation (or at least able to answer related questions). From the top of my head, the last time I was using mupen, I would have the left stick set to movement, with a slow sensitivity and acceleration... maybe something like the "smooth" setting for "response" in REWASD, or even tweaked a bit slower, with a large-ish dead zone. Right stick mapped to buttons (for camera in Mario 64)... these, I think, would be more like "aggressive" response with a small dead zone to simulate buttons. This is all off the top of my head, so I could be way off, but I think you can look at those settings and tweak it to your liking from there.

Comment

Thank you both for the advice and suggestions. I'll definitely take a look at the Advanced Stick settings article and try out the settings you suggested. I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X