Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dualsense Edge without PS5 setup still usable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualsense Edge without PS5 setup still usable?

So I don't have a PS5 but I've been mulling over getting a Dualsense Edge since support was announced. Would it still be possible to remap the rear paddles and Fn buttons to Rewasd functions or keyboard keys? Or controller buttons as a virtual controller? Or does the controller need to be initialized on ps5 or something?

I know I won't be able to save remaps to the controller itself without a PS5 to set them first, but I'd just be using Rewasd for profiles/shift layers.

Thanks!

Initially, remapping the FN buttons is not possible without first initializing the default profile for the controller on the PS5 console.
    This is described in more detail here.

However, recently, users advised us one workaround, with which you can do without the participation of the console.
    But we have not yet tested this method. We will try to check as soon as possible and report the result.​

Comment

Hmm, ok. Thanks for the prompt reply! I'll do some more looking around myself to see what my options are.

Comment

I want to know this too, please follow up

Comment

Well, workaround method doesn't work, you still need to initialize default profiles via PS5 console as explained here.

Comment

Is it still not possible to initialize edge profiles without a ps5?

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post
              Is it still not possible to initialize edge profiles without a ps5?
              No. In any case, we are not aware of such a method.

Comment

Any updates on this after a few more months and the new firmware update? I can remap buttons, but I want to use the FN buttons as a shifter for layers, and I can't do it as I don't owe a PS5...

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no changes in this matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X