Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different inputs with Virtual controller as Xbox 360 /One vs PS4

Hi All,

I've set up a fairly complex config for Rocket League which works fine when emulating a Xbox controller of any type, weirdly when using PS4 it doesn't work in the same way.

Essentially I have 4 shift layers, 2 that do the same thing for each trigger.

Main layer has R3 go to shift mode 1, Dpad down goes to shift mode 3. I've also used reWASD mapping to keep the original mapping. (I have back buttons bound to Dpad Down and R3).

In shift-layer 1 I have a Start Press to shift-layer 2 set up for when R2 and right trigger are held. In shift-layer 3 I have a start press when Dpad Down and L2 are held that goes to shift-layer 4.

In shift layer 2, R2 turns into Right stick Right. In shift layer 4, L2 turns into Right stick Left.

Essentially what this does is allow Dpad Down pressed on its own to Air roll left, and R3 pressed on its own to Air Roll Right. These are digital outputs so the action is a 100% roll in game.

Then when you hold down Dpad Down and Left Trigger, you can Air Roll left but it is analog, so you can roll from 0-100% in game. For R3 and Right Trigger it's the same.

What's annoying, is this works perfectly when emulating an Xbox controller, but when emulating a DS4 (which I understand has the least lag and most comparable deadzones) I come into a very odd issue.

The issue is only present on one of the two binds. When pressing Dpad Down and Left Trigger, but with Left Trigger pressed to 100%, it seems to add an additional Air Roll Right input which stops the default button in shift layer 3 from activating (Digital Air Roll right). It doesn't affect the other side, which is set up to mirror the same input and works flawlessly. Using xbox this doesn't happen, so have to assume it's either a bug in reWASD or an inherent bug in how a DS4 is emulated...

Any help would be much appreciated, I appreciate the above is tough to read! I can upload my config if that helps along with the binds in rocket league.

Cheers

Hello. Please send your config for better understanding.
    Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.​

Comment

>when emulating a DS4 (which I understand has the least lag
      No, actually Xbox One has less latency than DS4. The only reason to use virtual DS4 is if you need gyro or touchpad for some games, otherwise DS4 is a lot worse than Xbox One, especially with its sticks which have 8 bit resolution only, compared to 16-bit on Xbox.
      >Using xbox this doesn't happen, so have to assume it's either a bug in reWASD or an inherent bug in how a DS4 is emulated...
      Not sure if it matters here, but it also should be noted that on Xbox One actual trigger resolution is 10 bits, while on DS4 it is 8-bits as on stick. So if you need precision Xbox One tops any Sony controller in general.

Comment

Working...
      X