Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewasd tabbing out of Apex Legends when using toggle shift

So I'm using a config which allows me to switch inputs between:

1. Mnk (where my controller acts as the keyboard)
    2. Controller only

I do this using the toggle shift feature which is assigned to a foot pedal which is interpreted by rewasd as a keyboard. I use it fairly infrequently. I'll often go a whole game without switching inputs.

Now, the problem is when its been a long time since using toggle shift, such as 10 minutes, the game will tab out as I press the foot pedal a.k.a toggle shift. This problem never happens if I press it after <3 minutes of having not pressed it. It's something to do with the amount of time passed since the last press. I tried switching inputs in the game without using rewasd and that works fine so its definitely a Rewasd issue.

tried turning off overlay
    tried muting toggle shift button

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As an option, please try to switch inputs using 4 slots feature instead of a toggle. You would need to apply a config to some slot, then switch to an empty one and switch between them via the shortcuts (1 to 4 keys/buttons) you can set at :Preferences: > Slots.

It gives you the possibility to turn on/off the remap, hence changing the input

Please let me know if the issue still persists. ​

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried using your method but unfortunately the original tabbing out problem still persists and additionally, sometimes (on 1/4 attempts) the game doesn't even detect the controller so my character is just standing still.

Comment

In this case, we would appreciate it if you could provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce your bug. The config, screenshots, and the video of an issue are appreciated as well

Comment

It's worth mentioning the intermittent detection problem only occurs using the slot method - not using the toggle method. I have provided you with the config file using my original toggle to switch inputs method, since it doesn't make any difference which method is used as the problem exists on both methods.

Fortunately it is very easy to reproduce. Here are the steps:

1. Apply my config file

2. Load up Apex Legends and wait ~15 minutes. You have to have the game in focus the whole time otherwise I cannot guarantee it will reproduce.

3. After the ~15 minutes has passed, press "V" to switch inputs.

That's all, thanks for looking into this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it
            We will try to reproduce the issue and get back to you asap

Comment

Hello! We were unable to reproduce the problem. Have you tried running the game in borderless window mode?
              Also, specify if you are using any other software along with reWASD.

Comment

hi, I am not running any other software and don't want to run the game in borderless windowed mode because that comes at a performance cost.

Fortunately I've found a workaround. I realized the issue isn't caused by switching inputs. It's caused by switching shift layers or slots after a period of time of not using these features. My fix is to bind some unnecessary shift layers to a number of buttons which I press regularly and I haven't been tabbed out ever since.

Comment

Working...
                X