Rewasd not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewasd not working properly

So my rewasd was working perfectly fine until I started using my work account on my PC again. Now when it loads up it gives me this screen (see pic), both playstation (navigation controller and dualsense) controllers are showing up as unknown and I can't even select my Logitech G13 or EVGA mouse to edit at all, in fact, I can't edit anything.

I also have tried to deactivate my license for my pc so that I can reinstall but there is no option to do so on the daemontools website.

Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files

Please go to Preferences and find the [Clear Data] option. Once you have done this option, please show me all the devices that are displayed in reWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Please go to Preferences and find the [Clear Data] option. Once you have done this option, please show me all the devices that are displayed in reWASD.
      Hi thank you for your response,

My controllers are:

PS3 Navigation controller
      Dualsense
      Logitech G13 Gameboard
      EVGA X15 Mouse

I reinstalled and it worked fine on my gaming account, when I went to my work account and returned back to my gaming account it gave me an error saying that you can't apply configs to remote profiles or something like that and my grouped controllers were ungrouped.

I did use the clear data option and regrouped my controllers and it seems to work fine now. Is there possibly a more permanent fix available as having to clear data and regroup everytime I switch windows profiles whilst doable would probably get tiresome.
      Attached Files

Comment

What kind of a Windows profile are we talking about? Local or remote/domain based?

And could you take a screenshot of that "can't apply configs to remote profiles" message?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          What kind of a Windows profile are we talking about? Local or remote/domain based?

And could you take a screenshot of that "can't apply configs to remote profiles" message?
          It is just a normal account on my (1) PC, I have two accounts one for work and one for gaming. When I use the work one, log out/restart and go back to the gaming one, the profiles won't apply. It seems as though I'll have to clear data and regroup every single time.

I tried to get that error to show up again but it wouldn't come up.

Comment

This looks like a bug. Thank you for reporting! We plan to have this fixed by the next update (no ETA yet).

As a temporary solution try using this workaround:
            • Open access permissions of the [c:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\] folder.
            • Click [Disable the inheritance] button.
            • Enable the [Replace all child object permission entries...] option.
            • Change access permissions for the USERS group to full control over this folder, subfolders, and files.
            • Click [OK] button.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
              This looks like a bug. Thank you for reporting! We plan to have this fixed by the next update (no ETA yet).

As a temporary solution try using this workaround:
              • Open access permissions of the [c:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD\] folder.
              • Click [Disable the inheritance] button.
              • Enable the [Replace all child object permission entries...] option.
              • Change access permissions for the USERS group to full control over this folder, subfolders, and files.
              • Click [OK] button.
              Thank you for the info, I will try the workaround.

Comment

Working...
              X