Noob question about shift modifiers for keyboard to joystick inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question about shift modifiers for keyboard to joystick inputs

Hi, I'm very new to this and I'm sure this is a dumb question but I somehow got stumped. I'm trying to use a keyboard to act as an Xbox controller and I want to have this setup: W = LS up, A = LS left, S = LS down, D = LS right; then shift+W = Dpad up, etc. for shift + A, S & D. I assigned W to LS up and then I pressed shift mode to add Dpad up, but after I add it to Shift-layer 1, the functionality for pressing the key without shift disappears. I tried adding another W to assign one normally and another in the shift layer, but that didn't work because it says the key has mappings already. So basically my question is how am I supposed to bind one keyboard press to one controller action, then bind the same key + shift to another controller action? I may not be understanding how the shift functionality works... would really appreciate any advice.

Hey there!

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hey there!

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
      I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
      Okay cool, here it is! I changed my mind about the layout, I have the left stick movements on the mouse and the Dpad is on WASD, now I just want to move the right stick from the arrow keys to shift+WASD and I'll be set
      Attached Files

Comment

I remade the config as you asked, but I want to note that Shift layers does not mean that they can only be switched to using the Shift button.
        The Shift-modifier button can be assigned to whatever you want.​
        Attached Files

Comment

I remade the config as you asked, but I want to note that Shift layers does not mean that they can only be switched to using the Shift button. Geometry Dash Scratch
          I appreciate your answer. I will find out the features of Shift-modifier!
          Last edited by dirtie02; 20.04.2023, 05:51.

Comment

I remade the config as you asked, but I want to note that Shift layers does not mean that they can only be switched to using the Shift button.
            Thank you so much! This is perfect

Comment

Working...
            X