apple magic trackpad 2 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apple magic trackpad 2 problems

hi Thank you for adding the support for Apple Magic Trackpad 2.
    I have a problem when using the trackpad with the program Gesture​Sign. this is a program for custom gesture commands.
    When I tried to make a longer gesture with 3, four or more fingers in the command is interrupted. It works fine when I try to make a longer gesture with two fingers on the trackpad. it also works fine when I make the three finger gesture very very slowly.

I use the latest version of rewasd, latest update windows 11 and apple magic trackpad 2 model a 1535.
    if additional clarification is needed let me know and I will create a loom video to demonstrate the problem

thank you

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Gesture​Sign. However, please show me how it is adjusted in reWASD​

Comment

Hi, so basically the program GestureSign allows me to create custom gesture shapes and add custom commands to that shapes. As shown in the first picture below, a gesture in the form of the letter "e" with 4 fingers opens up the web browser. In picture 2 the gesture in the form of the letter "p" with 2 fingers allows me to press Play/Pause.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GestureSign.ControlPanel_YVR7QUdlSq.png
Views:	335
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	236925Click image for larger version

Name:	GestureSign.ControlPanel_LUGjhDBOQq.png
Views:	288
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	236926

I hope this explains it a bit better

With the previous third-party driver, the gestures were recognized in GestureSign (https://github.com/imbushuo/mac-precision-touchpad). I uninstalled this driver because it was suggested in your last release notes.
      The problem is that the gestures that I do with the reWASD precision driver for Apple Magic Trackpad 2 are not recognized in GestureSign, but I can see the Swipes menu in the Windows Settings menu.

So I guess there should be some driver settings that should be added to allow the reWASD precision driver to send and be recognized the gestures in GestureSign. Please add this to the next update release!

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the information provided.
        We will try to investigate it in more detail.​

Comment

Hi, can I ask you if there are any updates regarding this problem?
          Looking forward to the next update.

Comment

Hi. No ETA at the moment, sorry. This process takes time.

Comment

We don't know what the problem is, as it works in Windows fine. Maybe developers of this program must be contacted.

Comment

TLDR;
                The problem is the gestures can NOT be recognized in the app GestureSign. The old driver on GitHub worked OK.

I hope that helps

Comment

Unfortunately, this does not help us. Our driver was made according to Precision Touchpad guidelines for Windows and also showed better results during tests, than 'old driver' you mention.
                  Maybe GestureSign somehow checks for old driver specifically? But in this case you should contact GestureSign developers and ask them.

Comment

Hey there!

We recently updated reWASD with issue fixes.
                    Please update to a new version of reWASD and check if your issue persists.

You can download the current version of reWASD on our official website.​​

Comment

Working...
                    X