• A weird issue

Hello,

Right, so allow me to explain....

I have 2 buttons, on the xbox controller: A and X
    Normally the functions of the buttons are:

- Press X = Makes the character roll
    - Hold X = Makes the character run
    - Press A = Makes character take cover

I want to combine these to the A button, which sort of worked but not fully...
    So I set the hold down function on A to X so now when I hold A the character runs, which is great.
    But... when i tap A, the character will either take cover or dive... i dont want him to dive....

Is there a way to keep single tapping A to make the character only take cover and not dive? I want the dive feature completely removed if possible...

Any ideas?

If I got you correctly, you need to add X button on Long press Activator. So, while you hold A button, X button starts pressing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	170
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	236688
    If you just tap on A, the ​character take cover function should stay.

Comment

Yes, but unfortunately the character take cover function combines with the character roll function and its causing me an problem in game.... is there a way around this ?

Comment

What Miron4ik42 advised you works according to your request. You can test it on the tester.

Comment

Maybe it's the games side of the error then? How it registers it? I'll try out that tester today, thanks.

Comment

Probably yes
            However, how does it work in the game?

Comment

Hi, i just tested it on the tester, when I hold A it shows that I'm holding in X, but when I tap A, it either taps as A and sometimes X

I have to tap A really quickly for it to show as tapping A button, but like a regular tap shows it as pressing X

Comment

It looks like Mapping X on the Long Press Activator works faster than you need. Try increasing the value of the Long Press Time parameter in → Press Time.

Comment

True, but I need that to be fast in order to make my character run ASAP to avoid grenades etc and have a quicker reaction in general.

Oh well, we tried....
                  i even tried using it as an activator but no luck

Comment

Working...
                  X