rewasd turns on then off when launching roblox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewasd turns on then off when launching roblox

i had rewasd working fine with roblox 2 days ago and today when i launch roblox it temporarily turns the remap on and then almost immediately it turns off. the only thing i did was clear the data in rewasd to stop it from thinking i was still using a corsair controller. the option to manually turn remap on is greyed out. i've tried uninstall/reinstall. reconfig multiple times. this is with a paid license.

Hey there!

Could you please clarify if you are using the Autodetect feature to apply the config after you turn Roblox on?

Please send us a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your mappings.
    Also, please send a screenshot of what your device group looks like.

Comment

hi,
      yes i am using autodetect for the roblox config. i also have reWASD enabled on startup. i havent changed anything from when it was working. roblox did a new update that added Hyperion protected 64 bit client. not sure if this would cause any issues with reWASD but roblox updates are automatic and unavoidable.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-28 203132.png
Views:	327
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	236844Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-28 203732.png
Views:	326
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	236845
      Attached Files

Comment

To make reWASD Autodetect work with the game, you need to add all required exe files to Associated apps. Some games may have multiple .exe files in the folder, and it may confuse you what file to add to the list. I recommend adding all of the .exe files, just to make sure you add the right one.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          To make reWASD Autodetect work with the game, you need to add all required exe files to Associated apps. Some games may have multiple .exe files in the folder, and it may confuse you what file to add to the list. I recommend adding all of the .exe files, just to make sure you add the right one.​
          thanks for the reply. the thing is, it was already working fine setup exactly like this for about a month. then it stopped working all of a sudden. when i launch the game the config will switch on but as soon as the game fully launches the config turns off and the option to manually turn on remap is greyed out. i have been trying to troubleshoot this for days.

i will try your suggestion. im just afraid its something roblox implimented that is blocking reWASD from running.

Comment

i have tried another fresh install of roblox. reconfig reWASD. there is only one .exe file to associate with reWASD. the robloxplayerlauncher.exe

it did not fix the issue. the config loads when roblox is loading but as soon as it loads it turns off. same result.

any ideas. i need to get this working again asap

Comment

There are two possibilities here:
              1. The anti-cheat or protection system of the game somehow interferes with our detection mechanisms.
              2. An overlay or another executable is taking over the focus.
              To counter the first possibility, you would have to apply the config manually before switching to the game.
              For the second, adding that other executable to the list of associated apps should fix the issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                There are two possibilities here:
                1. The anti-cheat or protection system of the game somehow interferes with our detection mechanisms.
                2. An overlay or another executable is taking over the focus.
                To counter the first possibility, you would have to apply the config manually before switching to the game.
                For the second, adding that other executable to the list of associated apps should fix the issue.
                ok. i believe this is caused by byfron recently being implimented into roblox. i do not want to get my account banned by using reWASD and roblox thinking i am activating an exploit script. is there anyway you guys can work on a fix for this? or notify roblox of this issue? rbxfpsunlocker has just released an update thats compatible with the byfron implimentation. possibly its not hard for you guys to do something similar?

Comment

reWASD cannot be a reason for a ban as reWASD only creates a virtual controller which is identical to a physical one. The game just sees our virtual controller, and any anti-cheat software cannot detect it, as reWASD is not a cheat
                  Probably, I got you wrong, and you received any warnings about reWASD, is it not?

Comment

reWASD cannot be a reason for a ban as reWASD only creates a virtual controller which is identical to a physical one. The game just sees our virtual controller, and any anti-cheat software cannot detect it, as reWASD is not a cheat
                    Probably, I got you wrong, and you received any warnings about reWASD, is it not?
                    there is only 1 .exe file to associate. the option to manually turn on remap is greyed out. when i launch roblox reWASD config is enabled and then immediately disabled. option to manually turn on remap remains greyed out. no matter what i do i cannot get it to work with roblox now.

it is frustrating because it was working fine. the only thing i can conclude is that roblox is blocking it now after byfron was implimented. i didnt changed anything before it stopped working. license is valid amd active. i am about to switch to ghub although i do not want to. i bought reWASD because it is the software i prefer.

do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Do I understand correctly that it doesn't work even if you manually click apply? So, you click apply, then run Roblox, and the config just turned off with a similar message?

Name:	image.png
Views:	225
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	236915

Comment

Do I understand correctly that it doesn't work even if you manually click apply? So, you click apply, then run Roblox, and the config just turned off with a similar message?

Name:	image.png
Views:	225
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	236915
                        yes exactly. or if i autodetect it will launch the config and that box will show that it has been launched and then almost immediately it will show that "Remap is off" message.

Comment

I even downloaded Roblox to try to reproduce the issue on my side. Please show me your associated apps and provide me with all steps

Comment

Working...
                          X