Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G700s mouse detected as 2 devices (keyboard and mouse)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G700s mouse detected as 2 devices (keyboard and mouse)

Couple weeks ago I had my g700s and a Sony Nav controller configured properly with no issues. After Coming back from vacation I had to reinstall the OS on my PC and after reinstalling The G700s shows up as 2 devices simultaneously both keyboard and mouse. This is causing me to have to create double profiles for both the mouse and this phantom keyboard for anything to work.

his is also causes certain buttons to stop working in the middle of play. I cannot re-initlaize the "keyboard" listing for the g700 and I've tried clearing data but it detects as both a keyboard and mouse every time. I found a post that had a similar problem from 2020 suggesting deleting .binv2, but those files do not exist on my setup. I've also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app wiping my configs and it still doesn't work. How can I get this working the way it was prior to this problem.

Deleting .binv2 files is equivalent to clearing the data. It's just that now these files are in .json format.

Disband the group and use Detection mode. When pressed, which buttons do the device with the keyboard icon respond to, and when pressed, which buttons do the device with the mouse icon respond?​

Comment

only the left and right click identify under the mouse icon the rest of the buttons including mouse wheel identify as the "keyboard"

Comment

1. What is the name of the device with the keyboard icon?
        2. Make sure that there are no mappings in the native software for the G-Hub mouse and that On-board memory is turned off.​

Comment

• Keyboard Icon device is named "G700s rechargeable gaming mouse." (so is the second device with the mouse icon)
          • G-hub is not installed on this machine, nor was it installed when this was working previously.

Comment

Perhaps you have a driver issue.
            Please try to update your drivers and install native software for the G-Hub mouse to ensure that On-board memory is turned off, because this should be checked first.​

Comment

ok just did both of those and neither work. The best work around I've come up with is to create 2 profiles, "G700 keys" and "G700 mouse". I make sure the keys profile only has the detected buttons for the phantom keyboard and the mouse profile only the left and right mouse click. I cant group them together because of this but at least it seems to be working for now. I'll have to test a bit to see if those buttons stop working mid play with this setup.

Comment

To figure it out, we need to ask you to collect connection logs.
                To collect connection logs follow these instructions:
                1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
                2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
                4. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
                5. Connect your mouse and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app.
                6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
                7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.
                If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive at C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder.​

Comment

Working...
                X