Shift Layer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Layer Help

Just purchased the full version of the app to customize Xbox Elite 2 controller with Star Citizen. Everything is straight forward in the app in terms of setup and mapping but I'm really struggling with shift layers. Read the guide and watched few YouTube videos but neither helped.

Basically, I want to map the controller left button (LB), as well as other buttons, to be used for multiple commands.

For example, pressing LB to decrease speed, and long pressing LB + right stick to strafe left or right.

What I did is that in the main layer, LB mapped to S in the keyboard (to decrease speed) as a single press.

I created another layer to execute other commands when pressing LB as a long press.

I checked do not inherit, and mute in other attempts.

Under the new shift layer, I mapped the right stick for strafing the ship (when pressing LB along).

The problem is I no longer can control speed with LB (as mapped in main layer) though I tried do not inherit and mute in the second layer.
    The app will only execute the second shift layer command and overwrite the initial main layer command!

Will appreciate any help, as I have no clue what I’m doing wrong.

Do not inherit option was designed to stop reproducing the mapping from the Main Layer. If I got you right, you don't need to use this option.

Probably, it was a silly question, but why you just didn't you add S mapping to LB as a single press in the second layer? So, let's see if my idea works for you. The single press is the S key, and the long press is the right stick for strafing the ship while the second layer is active

Comment

Thank you very much. Yes, that did work

Comment

Working...
      X