Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reWASD : gamepad mapper engine does not start with Windows ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD : gamepad mapper engine does not start with Windows ?!?

Hi,

I have set reWASD to startup automatically with Windows (as it is by default after installation) however the reWASD app does not actually start with windows and it does not show up in the system tray untill I start it manually. After I restart I check and notice in the Windows start-up apps the reWASD app is unselected even though I had it selected to start with Windows ?

Is there a reason for this ? I have whitelisted the various apps in the virus checker as this was at one point causing a problem with executing reWASD, but not it does start manually no problems ...
    I would prefer to have it start automatically with Windows and to apply a configuration etc...

Any suggestions for the cuase of this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there!

Perhaps autorun reWASD is disabled in Task Manager?
    Send us a screenshot of your Startup tab in Task Manager, please.​

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
      Hey there!

Perhaps autorun reWASD is disabled in Task Manager?
      Send us a screenshot of your Startup tab in Task Manager, please.​
      here's the task manager
      Attached Files

Comment

Please make sure that these options are enabled at [Preferences > Tray agent]:
        • Autostart the background agent
        • Restore remap state on startup and device reconnect
        Then verify that Tray Agent starts after Windows restart (it would not autostart if you unlock or wake up your PC from sleep/hibernation mode).

If it would not, please look for error reports in Windows Event Viewer following the steps below:
        1. Press the Windows button, type "Event Viewer", and press Enter.
        2. Choose "Windows Logs > Application" in the upper left corner of the window.
        3. Click the "Find" option at the right panel and type "rewasd" to search for related errors.
        4. Once you find one or multiple events, right-click each one of them and select the "Save selected events..." option.
        5. ZIP up and upload the resulting file(s) here.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Then verify that Tray Agent starts after Windows restart (it would not autostart if you unlock or wake up your PC from sleep/hibernation mode).

If it would not, please look for error reports in Windows Event Viewer following the steps below:
          3. Click the "Find" option at the right panel and type "rewasd" to search for related errors.
          4. Once you find one or multiple events, right-click each one of them and select the "Save selected events..." option.
          Hi, I've checked the settings and they have been switched on by default since installation.
          Also on Windows start the start-up for reWASD seems to be switched off even though it was on before shut-down. It seems to keep doing this everytime and there is no reWASD in the system-tray at Windows start. I'm running Windows 11 home with all the latest updates etc. and a Bitdefender anitvirus and internet security app.
          thanks for yuour assistance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post

Hi again, so afterall, I simply uninstalled the reWASD app completely, and re-installed it with the antivirus temporarily switched off. I reapplied the backed up config files etc and switched the antivirus back on. It now seems to be working as intended with Windows booot and the system-tray icon starting up as intened. Probably should have tried that first ...
            Thanks again for offering to asssist. Will let you know if the problem returns ...

Comment

Glad to know.

Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please let us know.​

Comment

Working...
              X