Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy-con gyro tilt mode with yaw rather than roll

Hi,

I'm not able to figure out how to use yaw instead of roll for gyro tilt mode. I changed the default axis in the config and it works as expected for gyro mode, but when I switch to tilt, it uses roll no matter what. I tried assigning a button to the "invert axis" command but that doesn't work either.

Thanks for any help.

Hi!

The option "Gyro steering axis" is available in "Preferences > Gamepads".

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the answer. Unless I missed something this affected only the "gyro" mode, not the "tilt" mode. I want to use yaw axis when using "tilt" mode of the gyro controls
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	200
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	237025

Thanks​
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like I missed that part. This option affects only the Gyro mode.

Comment

To use Yaw axis in Tilt mode you have to set the controller in the position shown below and use the "Reset Tilt" command:

Click image for larger version  Name:	gyro_yaw_2.gif Views:	0 Size:	220.8 KB ID:	237033

This will result in steering like controls.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't achieve what I was after as I'm basically trying to use joy cons to control the mouse and keep the mouse moving in the direction I point the controller to until I revert to neutral position.
            Basically I find that it's really hard to replicate motion control similar to how Splatoon 2 or 3 works for example (using this game as example as it's a Ninstendo Switch game and the joy cons are Siwtch controllers :-))

Thanks,
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X