Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use same profile across different applications for a specific device

Hi,

I have an external numpad that I use as a macropad for games. I would like it to perform the same functions across different games / applications, e.g. Numpad1 = F13.

Is there a better way to do this or do I have to create the same layer with the same configuration in all profiles I use?

If I got you correctly, you use Autodetect, and you need to create the same layer for all profiles
    If you add the external numpad to the needed group of devices and just apply the config for it, the remap will work in different games or applications while the remap is turned on

Comment

Is there a way to make sure that the layers are the same across all profiles? For example, if I change a combo in one of the profiles.

Comment

Nope, there is no such possibility

Comment

Is it possible for Autodetect to only work for specific devices or group of devices instead of applying the same profile to all devices?

Comment

Autodetect already remembers the group of devices for which you have enabled the “radar” icon.
            Even if you manually select another device or group of devices as active, then when you alt+tab to the associated app, the config will be applied to the group of devices for which you assigned autodetect initially.​

Comment

But Autodetect will also change the profile/config applied to other devices.

Simple example:
              1. Create 2 profiles A and B, each having Config 1. Have 2 devices (1 and 2)
              2. Apply Profile A - Config 1 to device 1 and setup Autodetect and apply Profile B - Config 1 to any application for device 2.
              3. Switch to said application. Profile B - Config 1 gets applied to device 1 as well.

Comment

Also, any way to revert to the previously selected config if I switch to an application that is not setup for autodetect?

E.g.
                1. Manually applied Config 1.
                2. Focus on an application that has autodetect setup, another config is automatically applied
                3. Focus on another application, all profiles removed. <--- revert instead

Comment

Perhaps you configured something incorrectly.
                  Foremost, you cannot set up two different configs to autodetect the same application.

Therefore, if you configured them for different applications, then when switching to the specified application, only one config should be applied and only to the device with which it was originally associated.

Open → Tray agent and make sure the option Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app is enabled.​

Comment

Originally Posted by SleepyGoat View Post
                    Also, any way to revert to the previously selected config if I switch to an application that is not setup for autodetect?

E.g.
                    1. Manually applied Config 1.
                    2. Focus on an application that has autodetect setup, another config is automatically applied
                    3. Focus on another application, all profiles removed. <--- revert instead
                    In order for the config that was previously applied manually to your current device or group of devices to be applied to your current device or group of devices when you exit the Associated app, you need to manually apply the config to a slot different from the one where autodetect applies the config.
                    Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app must also be enabled.​

Comment

Working...
                    X